Kochi Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Kochi Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
You wouldn't expect something like this in India - I was very pleasantly surprised.
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Cochin International Airport.
What to Expect
- A small, clean and comfortable international airport with two separates terminals for domestic and international flights. Shopping and dining options are very limited.
- WiFi is available, but is said to be difficult to connect to. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
- Long, slow lines at Immigration when three or more flights arrive at the same time.
Where to Sleep
- Overnight stays are not permitted in this airport.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter one of the airport’s first class lounges. See our Airport Lounges section for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Kochi/ Cochin Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Kochi airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Earth Lounge (Domestic) - Location: Domestic Terminal, Airside. Hours: 5:30AM - 9:30PM (Daily). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Book Online (£18.00 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
- Earth Lounge (International) - Location: International Terminal, Airside, 2nd Floor. Showers are available. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Book Online • (£20.00 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
Free WiFi is available at Cochin Airport for 30 minutes.
If sleeping in Kochi Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Eastend Airport Suites - The entrance is located between Domestic Arrivals and International Departures, next to the Anna 24x7 Cafe. There are 14 furnished guest rooms located within the airport. Discounted rates are available for a few hours use.
- Courtyard Kochi Airport -Located across from the airport, it’s a 10 minute walk or you can take the hotel’s free airport shuttle, upon request (call +91 484 6693333).
- Abad Airport Hotel - Located across from the airport, it’s a 10 minute walk or you can take the hotel’s free airport shuttle
- Flora Airport Hotel - Located across from the International Terminal, it’s a 10 minute walk or you can take the hotel’s free airport shuttle.
- Lotus 8 A’Part Hotel - Located across from the airport, it’s a 10 minute walk or you can take the hotel’s free airport shuttle (must be pre-booked). Day rooms are available for minimum of 5 hours.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Kochi Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Yes
- Baggage Trolley - Free
- Business Centre - Computers with internet access, internet calling, photocopies, faxes and more. Location: Canopy Hours: unknown
- Car Rentals - Yes
- Child Care Room - Yes
- Currency Exchange - Available in both domestic and international terminals and airside/landside.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty-free shopping is available in the Canopy. A wide variety of retail shops selling books, traditional souvenirs from Kerala and other items, are available in the Domestic and International Departures areas.
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. At the time of this update, we are unable to confirm the availability of 24-hour dining.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Yes, available in the car park area near international arrivals. Prices range depending on weight and length of time stored. A bag weighing up to 10 kg and stored for 3 hours will cost Rs. 5, while a bag weighing over 30 kg for 24 hours will cost Rs.150.
- Luggage Wrapping - Available for a fee
- Medical Services - A 24 hour manned medical center is located in the Departure Hall of the International Terminal.
- Pharmacy - Location: Canopy
- Post Office - Yes
- Prayer Room - Available in the Departure Hall of the International Terminal. Hours: Not known.
- Showers - Showers are available in the Earth Lounge (International Departures). [ see Airport Lounges above ]
As of this update, we were unable to confirm airport hours of operation. We recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. If you know the airport hours, please send an email to email@example.com and we will update this airport guide.
Information not available.
Last Updated: 20 February 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.