Kuching Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Kuching Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
the was more rain inside the building than outside.
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Kuching International Airport.
What to Expect
- A spacious and recently-renovated single-terminal international airport with clean facilities and a wide variety of shops, restaurants and services.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
- Air-conditioning makes the terminal very cold! Bring a sweater.
- Tons of mosquitoes inside and outside of the terminal. Make sure to wear mosquito repellent!
Where to Sleep
- Padded, armrest-free seats are available in the Departures area.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter one of the airport’s first class lounges. See our Airport Lounges section for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Kuching Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Kuching airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Plaza Premium Lounge - Location: Domestic Departures, Airside. Hours: 7:00AM - 10:00PM (Daily). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (from MYR168 - 258) • Book Online (£23 - up to 3 hours or £35 - up to 6 hours)
Free WiFi is available at Kuching Airport in designated areas.
If sleeping in Kuching Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- One Point Hotel Kuching - (5 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle
- Imperial Hotel Kuching - (5 minutes from the airport) Free airport shuttle service is available. Pre-book your place and register at the Bell Service Desk 15 minutes before departure. Bus departs every 2 hours between 8:00AM and 6:00PM from the hotel and every 2 hours between 8:30AM and 6:30PM from the airport.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Kuching Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Yes, provided by CIMB Bank
- Car Rentals - Yes
- Currency Exchange - Yes, provided by CIMB Bank
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty-free shopping is available.
- Food & Drinks -Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. At the time of this update, we are unable to confirm the availability of 24-hour dining.
- Information Desk - yes - location unknown.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- Shopping - Duty Free is available as well as other shops.
- Showers - not available
- Taxis - A reader tells us, they have a fixed price for taxis, RM 26 for the farthest, but from 12:00AM - 6:00AM they charge 50% more.
The airport is open 24 Hours.
Information currently unavailable. If you are familiar with the modes of ground transportation available at this airport and would like to contribute to this airport guide, please email us at email@example.com.
Last Updated: 12 February 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.