Kunming Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Kunming Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
We were told that overnight, the terminal is cleared and then closed after the last flights, re-opening at 5AM. - Lee
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Kunming Changshui International Airport.
What to Expect
- A spacious and modern single-terminal international airport with a small variety of shopping and dining options.
- Restrooms are clean and easy to find, but often lack soap for handwashing, so bring your own soap or hand sanitizer!
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
- Plenty of power outlets for mobile charging, if you use two-prong round or flat plugs. Some three-prong power outlets for Australian plugs are also available.
Where to Sleep
- Large, comfortable couches can be found on Level 1F at Starbucks and a Chinese cafe. The Meet Fresh cafe has a few padded and unpadded armrest-free seats.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Kunming Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
As of this update we were unable to confirm whether the airport has any first class or business lounges. If you know, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Free WiFi is available at Kunming Airport.
If sleeping in Kunming Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Tian Rui Hotel - (10 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle service available.
- Yinghe Hotel - (10 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle service available.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Kunming Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Yes available both Landside and Airside.
- Children's Area - Two play areas can be found in the terminal building • Commercial area of the Domestic Departure Hall • International Departure Hall on F2 at the front center area.
- Currency Exchange - There are at least 2 foreign exchange offices located at the airport • Travelex China (International Arrival exit at east side of the Greeting Guest Hall on B1) • Bohai Transforex (Commercial area at the International Departure Hall on F2).
- Food & Drinks - Many options available. At the moment, we do not know which (if any) concessions are open 24 hours.
- Information Desk - There are 15 desk located throughout the airport. Hours: Not known.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - The luggage storage service is available at the air crew and employees aisle at the west side of the Departure Hall on F3, and Domestic Exit at the west side of the Greeting Guest Hall on Base 1. Hours and rates are not known.
- Medical Clinic - There are 3 clinics in the terminal building providing medical treatment for passengers • West side of the security inspection area in the Domestic Departure Hall on F3 • Boarding Exit 30 at the arrival alleyway on F2 at east airside concourse Y • The administrative area on F2. Hours: Not known.
- Post Office - Location: Commercial Zone. Hours: Not known.
- Rest Zones - There are 40 hourly lounges in the airport, providing shower, rest, and other services. International Departure Hall • Domestic Departure Hall on F2.
- Shopping - Duty Free as well as many other retail options are available.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Several bus routes connect to the airport, with different stops per route In general, each route has departures every 30 minutes. Some routes start earlier and run later than others, so check the website. It’s unclear whether these buses are free or paid.
Last Updated: 12 February 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.