Langkawi Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Langkawi Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Toilets are spotless and there are free showers next to the prayer rooms.
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Langkawi International Airport.
What to Expect
- A small and friendly single-terminal regional airport with clean facilities and a wide variety of shopping and dining options.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- At the time of this update, we are unable to confirm if overnight stays are permitted at this airport. One reviewer showed up at night to a locked terminal. Another reviewer was able to sleep in the airport, but reported that travelers are not permitted to sleep on the floor, and must sleep upright in chairs. Write a review to help future travelers.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See our Airport Lounges section for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Langkawi / Kuah Town Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Langkawi airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Plaza Premium Lounge - Location: International and Domestic Departure Hall, Airside, Located at the left hand side after immigration before security check point. Showers are available. Hours: 7:00AM - 10:30PM (Daily). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (from MYR 168 - 258) • Book Online (£23 - up to 3 hours or £35 - up to 6 hours)
- Plaza Premium Lounge - Location: Landside, next to immigration at the public concourse. Showers are available. Hours: 7:00AM - 10:30PM (Daily). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (MYR168 - 258) • Book Online (£23 - up to 3 hours or £35 - up to 6 hours)
Free WiFi is available at Langkawi Airport (submitted by reviewer).
If sleeping in Langkawi Airport does not appeal to you, there are no hotels at the airport to seek refuge. The nearest hotels are:
- One Hotel Helang Langkawi - (5 minute walk from the airport) Located between the airport and MICE (Mahsuri International Exhibition Centre) The hotel provides airport meet & greet service upon request.
- Alia Residence Business Resort - (5 minutes from the airport) Free airport pick-up is available upon request. Email your flight details to the hotel.
- Bon Ton Resort - (10 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle
- Temple Tree Resort - (10 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. Hotel suggests when using taxis use the designated booth at the airport, cost is RM20 for small taxi.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Langkawi Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Yes
- Baggage Carts - Available free of charge
- Bank - Maybank - Location: Arrivals Hall. Hours: 9:15AM - 4:30PM (Mon - Thurs) • 9:15AM - 4:00PM (Fri).
- Currency Exchange - see Banking above.
- Food & Drinks - There are restaurants available but it is not known if any of them offer 24 hour service.
- Shopping - Duty Free and a number of other shops are available.
As of this update, we were unable to confirm airport hours of operation. We recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. If you know the airport hours, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will update this airport guide.
Information currently unavailable. If you are familiar with the modes of ground transportation available at this airport and would like to contribute to this airport guide, please email us at email@example.com.
Last Updated: 12 February 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.