Leh Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Leh Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
GLARING flourescent lighting, disgusting & stinking bathroom with no toilet paper, terrible seating - broken, hard bucket seats... - rustan8
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Kushok Bakula Rimpochee Airport.
What to Expect
- A small, rustic single-terminal regional airport in a politically-sensitive area. Amenities and services are very basic. There are no real dining options, so bring your own food and beverage.
- Bathrooms are filthy and lack toilet paper, so bring your own toilet paper and hand sanitizer.
- No heat in the winter and no air-conditioning during the summer. The terminal is either freezing cold or uncomfortably hot, so dress accordingly!
- Harsh fluorescent lighting and hard seats with armrests make for an uncomfortable wait!
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Leh Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
As of this update we were unable to confirm whether the airport has any first class or business lounges. If you know, please email us at email@example.com.
At the time of this update, there is no WiFi at this airport.
If sleeping in Leh Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hotel Caravan Center - (5 min from the airport) Airport transfers can be arranged directly through the hotel.
- Hotel Cho Palace - (5 min from the airport) Free airport transfers are available upon request (via email).
- The Kaal - (5 min from the airport) Free airport transfers can be arranged directly through the hotel. Email your flight information and they will arrange the pick-up.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Leh Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- Baggage Trolleys - Available free of charge
- Food / Drink - There is a snack bar and coffee/tea concessions.
As of this update, we were unable to confirm airport hours of operation. We recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. If you know the airport hours, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will update this airport guide.
Information currently unavailable. If you are familiar with the modes of ground transportation available at this airport and would like to contribute to this airport guide, please email us at email@example.com.
Last Updated: 12 February 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.