Lhasa Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Lhasa Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Given the amount of peak season flights (maybe one or two flights a day) the size of the airport is disproportionately large but I guess the Chinese Govt is planning for the future.
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Lhasa Gonggar Airport.
What to Expect
- A modern single-terminal airport with two floors. A wide variety of shopping and dining options is available on the upper level.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Lhasa Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
As of this update we were unable to confirm whether the airport has any first class or business lounges. If you know, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As of this update we were unable to confirm whether internet access is available. If you know, please email us at email@example.com.
If sleeping in Lhasa Airport does not appeal to you, it is best to head back towards the city center, as there are no hotels near the airport. Here are some hotel suggestions based on Tripadvisor reviews:
- Shambhala Palace and House of Shambala - (1 hr from the airport) Airport transfers available ($).
- Tashitakge Hotel Lhasa - (1 hr from the airport) Airport transfers available ($).
- Lhasa Kyichu Hotel - (1 hr from the airport) Airport transfers available ($).
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Lhasa Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- Food & Drink - There are restaurants available on the 2nd level. Hours: Not known.
- Shopping - There are several shops available on the 2nd level.
As of this update, we were unable to confirm airport hours of operation. We recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. If you know the airport hours, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will update this airport guide.
Non-Chinese nationals are required to be picked and dropped off at the airport by an official tour guide, pre-arranged beforehand. Chinese nationals are permitted to hire taxis to travel to and from the airport.
Last Updated: 27 February 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.