Lukla Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Lukla Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
The fact that it is 2850m (or 9,350 ft) high is one thing, the fact that it has a drop landing strip off a cliff is another. - Shan
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Tenzing-Hillary Airport.
What to Expect
- A basic little airport terminal with minimal amenities, served mainly by flights transporting travelers between Kathmandu and trail access to Everest Base Camp.
- During hours of operation, there’s never a dull moment at “the world’s most dangerous airport”.
- There may not be much to do here, but you can watch planes land and take off on the treacherous runway. Some are Medevacs transporting passengers with altitude sickness.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there is lodging near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Lukla Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
There are no pay-per-use lounges in the airport.
As of this update we were unable to confirm whether internet access is available. If you know, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Everest Summit Lodge - (3 minute walk to the airport)
- Yeti Mountain Home - (15 minute walk to the airport)
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Lukla Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
As of this update we were unable to confirm what services and amenities are available. If you know, please email us at email@example.com.
As of this update, we were unable to confirm airport hours of operation. We recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. If you know the airport hours, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will update this airport guide.
Information currently unavailable. If you are familiar with the modes of ground transportation available at this airport, please email us at email@example.com.
Last Updated: 27 February 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.