Madurai Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Madurai Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Madurai Airport.
What to Expect
- Madurai Airport consists of two terminals (one passenger and one cargo). The passenger terminal services domestic and international flights. The current building was inaugurated in September 2010.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have used this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Madurai Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
As of this update we were unable to confirm whether internet access is available. If you know, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If sleeping in Madurai Airport does not appeal to you, there are retiring rooms inside the airport and hotels nearby:
- Retiring Rooms - The airport has a retiring room for transit passengers (Rs.1500/- for family room or Rs.1000/- per bed in dorm). Location: unknown. Hours: unknown.
- Hotel Sree Devi - (23 min from the airport) No airport shuttle
- Hotel Padmam - (23 min from the airport) No airport shuttle
- Astoria Hotels - (26 min from the airport) No airport shuttle
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Madurai Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - ATMs are located landside in the public concourse and outside of the departures main gate on the city side.
- Baggage Trolleys - Yes, free to use.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Food & Drinks - There are two snack shops and a coffee/tea shop in the terminal, and a canteen in the parking lot. At this time, we are unable to confirm the availability of 24-hour dining.
- Medical Services - A First Aid Room is available.
- Pharmacy - Location: Cityside Arrival Gate, outside of the terminal
- Shopping - Yes
As of this update, we were unable to confirm airport hours of operation. If you know the airport hours, please send an email to email@example.com and we will update this airport guide.
Public buses connect the airport to the city center.
Car rental companies are located onsite.
Last Updated: 08 December 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.