Mandalay Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Mandalay Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
A highly recommended experience!
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Mandalay International Airport.
What to Expect
- A recently-built single-terminal international airport with very low passenger traffic, lax security and very basic amenities. There’s not much to do here and the airport can be eerily quiet, due to the lack of travelers passing through, so don’t show up too early for your flight, if you can help it.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
- If taking a taxi to the airport, one reviewer advises that you strongly insist on taking the “new road”, which will lead you on a more direct, scenic route between Mandalay and the airport, as opposed to the “old road”, which runs through a highly toxic industrial area.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Mandalay Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- VIP Lounge - Information not available
As of this update we were unable to confirm whether internet access is available. If you know, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If sleeping in Mandalay Airport does not appeal to you, it is best to head back to Mandalay city center (about 40 min north of the airport), as there are no hotels in or near the airport. To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Mandalay Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Yes
- Car Rentals - Yes
- Currency Exchange - Yes
- Food & Drinks - There is one restaurant.
- Information Desk - not available
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- Shopping - Duty Free is available at the airport.
- Showers - not available
As of this update, we were unable to confirm airport hours of operation. We recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. If you know the airport hours, please send an email to email@example.com and we will update this airport guide.
Fixed-rate private and shared taxis are readily available for hire in the ground transportation area of the airport.
Last Updated: 27 February 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.