Mattala Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Mattala Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Mattala Airport.
What to Expect
- Mattala Airport is an international airport serving southeast Sri Lanka. As of May 2016, three airlines fly from the airport to destinations within Sri Lanka and the United Arab Emirates. It is said to be the "world's emptiest International Airport" due to its low number of flights despite the large size of the airport.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have used this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Mattala Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
There is a business lounge available, but we do not have any information about whether economy class passengers pay to use this lounge. As soon as we receive the information, we will update this. If you know, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Free unlimited WiFi is available in Mattala Airport.
If sleeping in Mattala Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Saraii Village - (30 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Hotel River Edge - (32 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Jade Green Hambantota - (28 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Mattala Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - ATMs are located on the outer porch, landside.
Add: Baby Care Facilities - The airport’s Childcare Rooms are equipped for diaper changes and feeding. Locations: Unknown.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Communication Counters - International direct dialing, email, and faxing can be done at any of the Communication Counters, located in the Departures lobby and transit lounge.
- Currency Exchange - Bank of Ceylon and Sampath Bank offer currency exchange services in the common lobby.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty-free shopping is available, along with a variety of retail shops.
- Food & Drinks - There is one restaurant in the airport, located in the transit area of the terminal.
- Information Desk - Location: Common lobby, landside.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Location: Outer porch, landside. Rate and Hours: Unknown.
- Medical Services - Urgent and emergency medical care is available in the Medical Centre. Location: Arrivals. Hours: Open 24 hours.
- Post Office - Location: Common lobby. Hours: Open 24 hours.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Taxis are available from the Airport and Aviation Services (Sri Lanka) Limited desk in the Arrivals Hall.
Last Updated: 09 December 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.