Nagoya Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Nagoya Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
A guard was placed to watch us and every three hours our passports and tickets were checked. I placed mine by my head to avoid being woken up for each check- which sort of worked. - HelloCat
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Chūbu Centrair International Airport.
What to Expect
- This T-shaped international airport resides on a manmade island. Domestic flights are handled on the northern side of the airport, while international flights are handled on the southern side. A wide variety of interesting shops, eateries and services are available, including a 24-hour convenience market!
- Free WiFi is available. See Airport WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Try the Arrivals Hall, for slim, but comfortable bed-length benches. Have a sleep mask and earplugs or noise-cancelling headphones to block out those bright airport lights and annoying overhead announcements!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter one of the airport’s first class lounges. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Nagoya Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- Centrair Airline Lounge - Location: Domestic Terminal, airside, 3F
- Star Alliance Lounge - Location: International Terminal, airside, 2F, 2nd Floor. Hours: 7:00AM - 5:30PM (Daily).
- KAL Lounge - Location: International Terminal, airside, 2F, 2nd Floor. Hours: 7:30AM - 5:30PM (Daily).
- Sakura Lounge - Location: International Terminal, airside, 2F, 2nd Floor
- Centrair Global Lounge - Location: International Terminal, airside, 2F, 2nd Floor
Free WiFi is available at Nagoya Airport. Additionally there are 6 internet kiosks available for a fee of 100 yen per 10 minutes.
If sleeping in Nagoya Airport does not appeal to you, there are 3 hotels on the airport island:
- Centrair Hotel - (5 min walk from the terminal) This is the closest hotel to the airport. Connected to the terminal via covered walkway. No airport shuttle.
- Comfort Hotel - (7 min walk from the airport terminal) Connected to the airport via covered walkway. No airport shuttle.
- Toyoko Hotel (Orange Side) and Toyoko Hotel (Green Side) - (10 min walk from the airport terminal) This hotel has two wings (“Orange Side” and “Green Side”). Green side serves a complimentary Japanese breakfast and the Orange side serves a complimentary Western breakfast and has more room types than Green side. Guests from either side have access to both breakfasts. A free shuttle bus is available and runs to the airport every 15 minutes from 6:00AM to 10:15AM, and from the airport to the hotel every 15-20 minutes from 3:40PM to 11:00PM.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Nagoya Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- Airport Ambassadors - If you need help navigating the airport or have a general airport questions, look for one of the Airport Ambassasors who can be seen wearing an orange vest.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Locations: Access Plaza • Departures Lobby (3F) • Arrivals Lobby (2F). The withdrawl limit from the machines in the International Departures area is 30,000 yen.
- Baggage Carts - available for free
- Bath House - "Fu No Yu" is the only bathhouse in Japan where you can watch the planes landing and taking off. Location: Relaxation Plaza. Hours: 8:00AM - 10:00PM.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Changing Rooms - If you need to change your clothes after a long flight, there are change rooms located in the Departures Lobby (3F) and Arrivals Lobby (2F).
- Children's Play Areas - Kid's Square is located in two areas airside: Domestic and International Terminal.
- Currency Exchange - Available in six foreign exchange offices. Locations: 2F, 3F and Access Plaza.
- Dry Cleaning - Local residents, if you are departing from Nagoya Airport, you can drop off your dry cleaning and have them ready for pick-up when you return. Clothes are ready 4-5 days after drop-off.
- Family Services - Hot water for preparing baby formula is available at the Information Centers (Locations: Departures Lobby (3F) • Arrivals Lobby (2F) • Access Plaza.
- Food & Drinks - There are no 24 hour food and beverage concessions available at the airport. The Family Mart, which seems to be more of a convenience store is open 24 hours.
- Information Desk - There are 4 information desks available. Locations: Departures lobby (3F) • Arrivals Lobby (2F) • Welcome Garden (1F) • Access Plaza. Hours: 6:40AM - 10:00PM.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - The left luggage office is located in two areas: Arrivals Lobby, 2nd Floor (Hours: 7:00AM - 10:00PM) • Departures Floor, 3rd Floor (Hours: 6:30AM - 9:30PM). Rates: 500 yen. Additionally coin lockers are available in 9 locations: Sky Town, 4th Floor • Departures Lobby, 3rd Floor • Arrivals Lobby, 2nd Floor • Access Plaza. Daily Rates: 300 yen (small locker) • 600 yen (large locker).
- Massage Chairs - Location: International Departures Lobby • Domestic Departures Lobby. Rates: 200 yen/10 minutes.
- Mobile Charging - Available at the computer desks in the International Departure Lobby (3F) and Domestic Departures Lobby (3F).
- Multipurpose Room - The room is available to repack your luggage, pray, etc. Location: Behind the smoking room next to the third floor Domestic Check-In Counter.
- Observation Deck - The Sky Deck is located on 4F. Hours: 7:00AM - 10:00PM.
- Police Station - Location: Departures Lobby (3F).
- Post Office - Location: Welcome Garden (1F). Hours: 9:00AM - 5:00PM (Mon - Fri). Mailboxes can be found in the Departures Lobby (3F) and Access Plaza.
- Prayer Room - Prayer rooms are divided into separate male and female sections. Locations: Arrivals Lobby (2F) • Departures Lobby (3F).
- Smoking Rooms - Yes
- Spa - The Grand Raffine Spa offers body care and reflexology. Location: Relaxation Plaza
The airport is open 24 hours.
Many public buses serve the airport. Buses arrive at the first floor of the terminal; bus stops for boarding airport buses to various destinations are different than the arrivals stop. Timetables and fare are available on the airport's website.
The airport terminal connects to the Airport Train Station via the Access Plaza from the second and third floors. Trains run frequently to/from Nagoya city center starting around 5:30am and ending at 11:30pm; the ride lasts 28 minutes.
Taxis pickup from the first floor of the access plaza.
Several companies rent cars; their desks are located at the information counter in the Access Plaza. General operating hours are 8:00AM - 8:00PM.
Private shuttles are available 24-hours for groups up to 9 passengers. They must be pre-arranged.
High-speed boats connect to Tsu daily. Boats depart from a boarding point beyond the Access Plaza. The ride takes approximately 45 minutes and costs approximately 2,500 yen. Timetable is available on the airport's website.
Last Updated: 11 January 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.