Okayama Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Okayama Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down of what to expect during your time at Okayama Airport.
What to Expect
- This small, single terminal airport opened in 1988, and connects to domestic, Chinese, and Korean destinations.
- Free WiFi is available in certain locations. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- The airport is open from 7 am - 9:30 pm; sleeping overnight here is not possible.
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have used this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels within 35 minutes of the airport, though none provide airport shuttle service. See our Airport Hotel section below for more info.
Good to Know
- Economy class travellers can pay to access one airport lounge. See our Airport Lounges section for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Okayama Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Okayama airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Muscat Lounge - Location: on the 3rd floor of the passenger terminal. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (1000 YEN)
Free WiFi is available in Okayama Airport wherever you see the “Okayama Mobile Spot” signs. To get set up, show your passport or other photo ID at the Information Desk or Muscat Lounge. The WEP key is "okayama012345". Okayama Mobile Spots can be found in the Boarding Area (both Domestic and International), Departure Lobby (both Domestic and International), and the Muscat Lounge (entry fee applies).
If sleeping in Okayama Airport does not appeal to you, it is best to head back into Okayama city center, as there are no hotels in or near the airport.
- Torii Kuguru- (35 min from the airport) A budget Japanese guest house with traditional accommodations. No airport shuttle.
- Hotel Area One Okayama - (35 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Okayama Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- Car Rentals - Toyota Rent-A-Lease • Nissan Rent-A-Car • Times Car Rental • Nippon Rent-A-Car • Orix Rent-A-Car. Location: 1st floor.
- Currency Exchange - Travelex is open daily from 7:00AM - 1:00PM and 8:00PM - 9:00PM. Location: 1st floor.
- Duty-Free - Location: Adjacent to the International flight boarding/waiting area, 2nd floor
- Food & Drinks - There are no 24 hour options at the airport but you can choose from the following restaurants - Chalon Steak House • St. Marc Cafe (coffee) • Yamagoya (ramen shop) • Momotaro (Udon noodle house). Location: 2nd floor.
- Information Desk - Location: 1st floor
- Shopping - Seikatsu Saika convenience store • Okayama Tokusankan Momotaro souvenir shop • Ana Festa souvenir shop • Tenmaya souvenir shop • LAOX electronics.
The airport is open from 7:00AM - 9:30PM. Sleeping overnight in the airport is not possible.
Information not available.
Last Updated: 11 January 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.