Padang Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Padang Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
they told me I can't sleep IN the airport BUT there is a prayer room just next to the terminal and I could crash in there. They even promised me that a security guardian will come to check me once in a hour. - kankkarankka
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Minangkabau International Airport.
What to Expect
- A small single-terminal international airport with a variety of shopping and dining options.
Where to Sleep
- Overnight stays are not permitted in this airport.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers may be able to pay to enter one of the airport’s first class lounges. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Padang Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
There are 3 airport lounges, but at the time of this update we did not have any information about whether it was possible for economy class passengers to pay to enter.
- Anugerah Executive Lounge
- Garuda Executive Lounge
- Minangkabau Lounge
As of this update we were unable to confirm whether internet access is available. If you know, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If sleeping in Padang Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Premier Basko Hotel - (15 minutes from the airport) Airport tranfers available upon request (email), 150.000 IDR each way.
- HW Hotel Padang - (15 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Ibis Padang - (20 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Padang Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- Currency Exchange - Yes
- Food & Drinks - There are a variety of restaurants and coffee shops; however, none are open 24 hours.
The airport is open daily from 7:00AM - 7:00PM. Sleeping overnight in the airport is not possible.
Information not available.
Last Updated: 28 April 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.