Shenzhen International Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Shenzen Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
at the departure area...you are NOT allowed to sleep there, that's why there are almost no seats available - kristiantos
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Shenzhen Bao'an International Airport.
What to Expect
- A large, spacious and modern single-terminal airport with unique architecture and a wide variety of shops and restaurants, including 24-hour options!
- Possible language barrier. Very few, if any, airport staff speak English, so have a translation app or phrase guide handy for assistance!
- WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- On the 2nd floor, there is a room full of uncomfortable chairs called the “Overnight passengers resting area”
- Benches can be found at McDonald’s and the restaurant next to McDonald’s, if you feel like trying your luck with airport security.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter one of the airport’s first class lounges. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Shenzhen Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- Domestic Guest Lounge - Location: New Domestic Terminal, Airside, South West Wing, Level 4, near Yi Xiang Ting No. 1. Hours: 7:00AM - 10:00PM (Daily).
- International Guest Lounge - New International Terminal, Airside, South East Wing, Level 3, near Yi Xiang Ting No. 3. Showers are available. Hours: 7:00AM - 10:00PM (Daily).
WiFi is available at Shenzhen Airport inside the lounges. [ see Airport Lounges above ] At the time of this update, we did not have any information about WiFi elsewhere in the terminal.
If sleeping in Shenzhen Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Vienna Hotel - (7 minutes from the airport) Located opposite the international departures terminal. Free roundtrip airport shuttle service available.
- Sunris Prosperous Airport Hotel - (5 minutes from the airport) Located near the old terminal, after the metro station. 10-minute ride to the new terminal. Free scheduled airport shuttle service available.
- Sunway Hotel Shenzhen Airport - (5 minutes from the airport) Located near the old terminal, after the metro station. Free scheduled airport shuttle service available.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Shenzhen Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- Car Rentals - Yes, China Auto Rental and Zhijun Car Rental are both open 24 hours a day.
- Children's Play Area - Yes
- Currency Exchange - Location: International Terminal Departure Hall
- Dressing Rooms - Location: Arrival Baggage Claim Area, Landside
- Food & Drinks - There are several 24-hour coffee shops available.
- Luggage Trolleys - Free carts are located in Terminal A, at the central door of the Departure Hall (2nd floor) and the Terminal A and B Arrival Baggage Claim Areas on the first floor.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Yes, there are 2 storage facilities available. Rates and hours are not known.
- Prayer Room - Yes
- Rest Area - Legang Leisure Area is open 24 hours a day and includes beds. Exact location and rates are not known.
- Shopping - Duty Free is available along with numerous other shops including many convenience stores which are open 24 hours a day.
- Showers - Showers are available in the International Guest Lounge. [ see Airport Lounges above ]
- Smoking - There are many designated smoking areas/rooms throughout the airport.
- Water Fountains - There are many fountains available throughout the airport.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Information not available.
Last Updated: 21 January 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.