Taichung Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Taichung Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down of what to expect during your time at Taichung Airport.
What to Expect
- There are two terminals. T1 houses domestic, Taiwanese flights; T2 is home to international flights to Mainland China, Korea, Japan, and Vietnam.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have used this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels within 15 minutes of the airport, though they do not provide airport shuttle service. See our Airport Hotel section below for more info.
Good to Know
- Economy class travellers can pay to access one of airport lounges. See our Airport Lounges section for locations, hours, and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Taichung Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
- More Premium Lounge - Location: International Terminal, Airside. Hours: 6:00AM - 6:00PM (Mon & Wed - Sun) • 6:00AM - 5:00PM (Tues).
Free WiFi is available at Taichung Airport. There is also an internet zone set up with 5 computers in the waiting lounge on the 3rd Floor International Terminal beside the Children’s Play Area.
If sleeping in Taichung Airport does not appeal to you, these are some of the closest hotels to the airport:
- Capital Hotel - (15 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Taichung Harbor Hotel - (15 min from the airport) Airport shuttle service is available, booking required, it appears that the daily drop off at 2:00PM is free, all other options/times are NT$2500.
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotel deals in Taichung on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- Art in the Airport - The airport features some impressive pieces of art, mostly centered around aviation. Look way up.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Available where currency exchange services are provided.
- Car Rentals - Yes, located in the North Wing of the International Terminal. Hours: 6:00AM - 11:00PM.
- Children's Area - Yes, International Terminal, 3F beside the Internet/Computer Room.
- Currency Exchange - International Terminal, Arrival Hall, open 6:00AM- 11:00PM • International Terminal, Arrival Baggage Claim Zone, open 9:00AM - 4:00PM.
- Food & Drinks - Options are available in both terminals, there are no 24 hour options.
- Information Desk - Domestic Terminal, center of 1st Floor, open 6:00AM - last flight • International Terminal, center of 1st Floor, open 5:30AM - 11:30AM.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Lockers are available for rent, International Terminal beside the check-in counter, available 6:00AM - 11:00PM. Rates: Big Locker: 50 for 3 hours and Small Locker: 30 for 3 hours, see car rental service counter if coins are required.
- Medical Services - Domestic Terminal, beside the Information Desk, hours 5:30AM - 11:30PM • International Terminal, opposite the convenience store, hours 5:30AM - 11:30PM.
- Mobile Charging - Yes, 1st and 3rd floor of the Domestic Terminal and International Terminal.
- Nursing Rooms - Yes, available throughout the airport.
- Reading Bars - Looking for something to read, head to the “shared book reading bars” located in both terminals, take a book or leave a book.
- Shopping - Duty Free is available and are open the longest with hours from 6:00AM - 11:00PM.
Information not available. If you know the hours, please email us at email@example.com and we will update the guide.
Information not available.
Last Updated: 24 March 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.