Tianjin Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Tianjin Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Tianjin Airport is much easier to negotiate than Beijing and very close to the center of town.
- a traveller (2015)
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Tianjin Binhai International Airport.
What to Expect
- A spacious, user-friendly international airport, well-linked to the city center by public transportation. The airport’s facilities are clean and modern, and a wide variety of shops and restaurants are available.
- WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter one of the airport’s first class lounges. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Tianjin Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- First Class Lounge (No.13) - Location: Domestic Terminal 2, Airside, next to Gate 205.
- First Class Lounge (No.15) - Location: Domestic Terminal 2, Airside, Lower Level, next to Gate 261.
- First Class Lounge (No.16) - Location: Domestic Terminal 2, Airside, Lower Level, next to Gate 268.
- First Class Lounge (No.17) - Location: Domestic Terminal 2, Airside, next to Gate 206.
- First Class Lounge (No.18) - Location: Domestic Terminal 2, Airside, opposite Gate 223.
- First Class Lounge (No. 20) - Location: Domestic Terminal 2, Airside, opposite Gate 216.
- First Class Lounge (No. 22) - Location: Domestic Terminal 2, Airside, opposite Gate 218.
- First Class Lounge (No.3) - Location: International Terminal, Airside, opposite Gates 7 and 8.
WiFi is available at Tianjin Airports in some areas. The service is free if you have a Chinese mobile phone number.
If sleeping in Tianjin Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Tianjin Binhai International Airport Hotel - (3 minutes from the airport) Located opposite the old terminal. No airport shuttle.
- Crowne Plaza Tianjin Binhai - ((9 minutes from the airport) Free airport shuttle is available approximately every hour between 6:00AM and 11:00AM. Outside of these hours you may contact the hotel for a pick-up, 100RMB each way.
- Holiday Inn Express Tianjin Airport - (9 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Tianjin Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Yes
- Baggage Trolleys - Yes, in both departure and arrivals areas.
- Currency Exchange - Yes, Travelex and Yihualong are located in the public area of Arrival Hall at 1F • State Development and Investment Corporation (SDIC) is in the Isolation Area of International Departure Hall at 2/F.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Location: not known. Prices range from CNY15 for a small package for 4 hours up to CNY70 for a large package per day.
- Massage Chairs - Available in the airport. Fee: CNY 1 for every minute.
- Medical Services - Domestic Clinic is located at the left side of Security Check Exit of 2nd floor Departure Hall • International Domestic Clinic is located within the Isolation Area of International Arrival Hall. Both locations are open 24 hours a day.
- Smoking - Smoking is permitted in both Domestic and International Isolation Areas of 2nd floor.
- Water Fountains - Available throughout the airport, some intended to refill passengers reusable water bottles.
Information not available
Information not available.
Last Updated: 21 January 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.