Ulaanbaatar Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Ulaanbaatar Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
I spent a night in UB Airport in september 2008 and can now inform you that there is no problem with using its international departure area for this purpose. - Piotras
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Chinggis Khaan International Airport.
What to Expect
- A small single-terminal international airport, with limited shopping and dining options.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Departures areas are the way to go in this airport! International departures is said to be quieter than the domestic departures area, which has TV’s on at night, but reviews are mixed on whether an airport tax has to be paid to enter the area. Either way, there’s plenty of armrest-free bench seating, and almost no foot traffic in either area, so have earplugs or noise-cancelling headphones handy and enjoy a peaceful night’s sleep. Bring a sleep mask and travel blanket for added comfort and relaxation!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Ulaanbaatar Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- Business Class Lounge - Location: International Departures, Airside, 2nd Floor. Hours: 30 minutes prior to first flight departure (approx. 3:30AM) - last scheduled departure (approx. 12:30AM).
- Mongolian Airlines Chingiss Khaan Airport Vip Lounge - Location: Airside, 2nd Floor.
Free WiFi is available at Ulaan Baatar Airport.
If sleeping in Chinggis Khaan International Airport does not appeal to you, it is best to head back to Ulaanbaatar city center (about 30 minutes east), as there are no hotels in or near the airport. To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels deals in Ulaanbaatar on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Five banks offer ATM machines throughout the airport.
- Banking Services - 3 banks offer services on the second floor of the airport (terminal not known). Hours: 9:00AM - 6:00PM (Mon -Fri), weekends 10:00AM - 4:00PM at Golomt Bank only (2 other locations closed).
- Currency Exchange - It is not known if the services are available; however, the banks on the 2nd floor may be of assistance.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty Free is available at the airport, the location in 3F is 24 hours.
- Food & Drinks - There is a restaurant available on the 1st floor of the airport. Hours are not known.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Location: 1st Floor, store #126. Hours and rates are not known.
- Luggage Wrapping - Rates 5,000₮ per baggage. Location and hours are not known.
- Medical Services - A 24 hour medical clinic is available at the airport. The exact location is not known.
Information not available
Information not available.
Last Updated: 30 March 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.