Ürümqi Diwopu Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Ürümqi Diwopu Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down of what to expect during your time at Ürümqi Diwopu Airport.
What to Expect
- There are two terminals for commercial passenger flights, T2, and the brand new T3 which opened in 2009. T3 houses all China Southern Airlines flights.
- WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- The airport closes at night and it is not possible to stay overnight. For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport, though only one provides airport shuttle service. See our Airport Hotel section below for more info.
Good to Know
- Economy class travellers can pay to access one of three airport lounges. See our Airport Lounges section for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Ürümqi Diwopu Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
- First Class Lounge - Location: Terminal 1, Domestic Departures, Airside, 2nd Floor. Domestic flights only. Hours: 6:00AM - last flight.
- First Class Lounge - Location: Terminal 2, Domestic Departures, Airside, 3rd Floor. Domestic flights only. Hours: 6:00AM - last flight.
- First Class Lounge - Location: Terminal 3, International Departures, Airside, Area D. International flights only. Hours: 6:00AM - last flight.
WiFi is available at Ürümqi Airport inside the lounges. [ see Airport Lounges above ]
If sleeping in Ürümqi Diwopu Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Tianyuan Hotel - (10 min from the airport) Free airport pick-up.
- Airport Hotel - (10 min from the airport) According to reviews, a free roundtrip shuttle is available, look for the bus with the hotel name on it. No further details are avalable.
- Super 8 Hotel Urumqi Airport Jichang Bei Qu - (15 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Ürümqi Diwopu Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
As of this update we were unable to confirm what services and amenities are available. If you know, please email us at email@example.com.
According to a review sent to us in March 2017, the airport closes at night and it is not possible to stay overnight. Exact airport hours are not known.
Last Updated: 29 June 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.