Xiamen Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Xiamen Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
just for fun check out the giant Christmas/Chinese New Years tree which was still up in mid April. - Wo En
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Xiamen Gaoqi International Airport.
What to Expect
- A modern international airport with separate terminals for domestic and international flights.
- Shopping and dining options are good and reasonably priced, but only accept local currency or Chinese credit cards. All shops and restaurants close at night, so have food and beverage handy for late night snacking!
- Inefficient and tedious airport procedures. Transit passengers must go through passport control upon arrival, collect their bags, and then go through regular check-in procedures, including going back through security checkpoints again. Check-in for all passengers is only allowed within 3 hours of the flight departure time.
- WiFi is available.
- Possible language barriers, as there are almost no airport employees who speak English. Periodicals and reading materials are also all in Chinese, including books and magazines sold at shops in the airport.
Where to Sleep
- Overnight stays are only permitted in the public area of the terminal, and laying on the floor is not allowed, which means sleeping upright in a seat.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Xiamen Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- First Class Lounge - Location: Domestic Terminal 3, Airside, next to Gate 6. Hours: 6:30AM - 8:30PM (Daily).
- First Class Lounge - Location: Domestic Terminal 4, Airside. Showers are available. Hours: 6:30AM - 7:30PM (Daily).
- First Class Lounge - Location: International Terminal, Airside, near Gate 7, Upper Level. Hours: 6:30AM - 8:30PM (Daily).
WiFi is available at Xiamen Airport, but requires boarding pass information or a Chinese mobile phone number. Since check-in is not allowed until 3 hours prior to departure time, boarding pass information is not available until you check in for your flight, giving you 3 hours or less to use the WiFi, unless you have a Chinese mobile number. WiFi is also available in the first class lounges.
If sleeping in Xiamen Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Xiamen International Airport Garden Hotel - (2 minutes from the airport) Located adjacent to the west side of Terminal 3. Airport shuttle available.
- Hoga Hotel - (2 minute walk from the airport) Also known as He Jia Hotel. Airport shuttle available.
- Xiamen Discovery Hotel - (7 minutes from the airport) Free airport transfers.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Xiamen Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Locations:
- T3: Bank of China, Industrial and Commercial Bank of China, China Construction Bank can be found by Boarding Gate No.10, Domestic Departure Hall
- T4: Bank of China, Industrial and Commercial Bank of China, Bank of Communications, Xiamen Rural Commercial Bank in Departure Hall.
- Baby Care Facilities - A Nursing Room is available in Terminal 3 and 4.
- Business Centre - A business centre can be found in 2 Locations: Terminal 3, Departures Level • Terminal 4, Departures Level. Hours: 5:00AM - last departure.
- Car Rentals - Avis Car Company (East side of Shopping Street, T3) • Shenzhou Car Company (Area D2, Parking Lot, T3) • Henghao Car Company (Domestic Arrival Hall, T3 Operating Hours). Hours: 9:00 AM - 9:00PM.
- Currency Exchange - Location: T3, Beside Business Center of Departure Hall Boarding Gate No.12, International Secured Area and Exit of Domestic Arrival Hall • T4 at the Inquiry Counter, West Side of Departure Hall Service Counter No.12 and Arrival Hall.
- Dressing Room - Located in Arrival Hall, T3/T4
- Food & Drinks - There are food and beverage options available in all Terminals. At the time of this update there are no 24 hour food options.
- Information Desk - Location: opposite of Gate No.14, Departure Hall, 2F, T4. There is also a Tourist Information Center that may be able to assist, located in the Domestic Arrival Hall, T3. Hour 8:00AM - 10:00PM.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Locations: Terminal 3, Arrival Hall, Baggage Counter • Terminal 4, Arrival Hall, Luggage Storage Counter. Hours: 5:30AM - last flight. Rates: 3 yuan (small) • 5 yuan (medium) • 8 yuan (large) • 10 yuan (extra large).
- Massage Chairs - 10 yuan gets you 10 minutes of relaxation. Locations: T3 Terminal Domestic arrival hall Visitor exit • T3 Terminal International arrival hall Visitor exit • T3 Terminal house No. 8 Boarding gate terminal • T3 Terminal 18 to 22.
- Medical Services - Provided in T3, North Side of Island C, Departure Floor • T4, West side, Departure Floor.
- Post Office - Providing express delivery for mail and parcels. Location: central area of the Arrival T3.
- Showers - A shower is available in the International First Class Lounge. [ see Airport Lounges above ]
- Smoking - Smoking is allowed in designated areas throughout the airport.
- Spa - Massage armchairs, Spa Services and Hair Salon services can be found in T3 (International & Domestic Arrival Hall) and by Boarding Gate No.8 of Domestic Departure Hall.
- Water Stations - Water fountains are available throughout the airport to refill your water bottles.
The airport is open 24 hours. In February 2017, we received a message saying the airport was closed overnight for construction. We do not have additional information about hours or duration of construction project.
Information not available.
Last Updated: 30 March 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.