Xi'an Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Xi'an Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
tons of people sleeping overnight at the airport. Ignore all the people who try to sell you hotel rooms. Nothing special, but there are lots of seats to sit in at the international terminal. - Louis
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Xi'an Xianyang International Airport.
What to Expect
- A large and busy international airport with two terminals: Terminal 2 and the newly-built Terminal 3.
- A wide variety of shops, restaurants and services are available.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Overnight stays are not permitted in this airport. You will be kicked out! There are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Xi'an / Xianyang Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- First Class Lounge - Location: Domestic Terminal 2, Airside, opposite Gate 10. Domestic flights only. Hours: 6:45AM - 10:30PM (Daily).
- China Southern Airlines Lounge - Location: Domestic Terminal 3, Airside. Hours: 6:45AM - 10:30PM (Daily).
- International First Class Lounge - Location: International Terminal 2, Airside, opposite Gate 17. Hours: 9:00AM - 9:00PM (Daily).
Free internet is available at the airport however you must be able to receive a text or SMS via a mobile phone to receive access.
If sleeping in Xi'an Airport does not appeal to you, there is a hotel at the airport:
- Sleepbox - Private sleep boxes offer a full size bed, power supply, WiFi, computer desk, TV and more. Hours: 8:00AM - 11:00PM. Locations: Corridor connecting T2 and T3 • Terminal 3, behind check-in areas J/K. Rates: RMB 50/ hour.
- Regal Airport Hotel Xi'an - Directly connected to Terminal 3 via link bridge. There is a shuttle that runs every hour between the hotel and Terminals 2 & 3 every hour between 6:00AM and 9:00PM, no further details are known.
- Airport Business Hotel - Located 100m southeast from Terminal 1. Free airport shuttle to the other terminals.
- Airport Express Inn Xianyang Xi’ an - (5 min walk from the airport) Located 200m from Terminal 1.
- Aviation Hotel Shaanxi - (5 min walk from the airport) Located 200m from Terminal 1. Free airport shuttle to the other terminals.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Xi'an Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs - Locations: Terminal 2, Departures, opposite exit 4 • Terminal 2, Arrivals, next to the Passenger Service Center • Terminal 3, Departures, behind check-in area K/L • Terminal 3, Arrivals, opposite exit 313.
- Baby Care Room - Locations: Terminal 2, Airside, opposite Gates 9 and 10 • Terminal 3, Airside, next to Gate H51 • Terminal 3, Airside, next to Gate H11.
- Baggage Trolleys - Available free of charge.
- Comfort Zone - Head to T3, Departures, Shopping Area and relax, surf the web, send emails, etc. Hours 6:00AM - 10:30PM. Rates: Not known.
- Currency Exchange - Yes, T2, International Departures, next to Customs • T3, Departures, next to Exit 325. Hours: 7:30AM - 9:30PM.
- Food & Drinks - There are many restaurants and coffee shops available both landside and airside. While none appear to be open for 24 hours you will find many that operate 6:00AM - last flight.
- Information Desks - T2, Departures, opposite security control • T2, Arrivals, next to Exit 2 • T3, Departures, between Exits 324 and 325. Hours: 6:00AM - Last flight.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - T2, Departures, next to Check-in Counter 1 (Hours: 6:00AM - 10:30PM) • T2, Arrivals, opposite Exit 1 (Hours: 8:00AM - 11:00PM) • T3, Departures, next to oversized baggage check-in (Hours: 6:00AM - 10:30PM).
- Massage Chairs - Locations: Multiple locations in T2 and T3 . Hours: 8:00AM - 11:00PM. Rates: RMB 10 for 20 minutes, RMB 20 for 40 minutes, RMB 30 for 60 minutes.
- Medical Services - Yes in T2, Departures, next to Check-in Counter 1 • T3, Departures, to the right of the security entrance. Hours: 6:00AM - 10:00PM.
- Mobile Charging - Locations: Departures and Arrivals Halls.
- Shopping - Duty Free is available as well as a variety of stores including at least 15 convenience/mini markets.
- Smoking Area - Designated smoking areas are available throughout the airport.
- Spa - Head to these locations to relax. Foot Massage (T2, Departures, next to the International Departures area and T2, Arrivals, next to Exit 4), hours are 8:00AM - 11:00PM. Travellerstar Spa (T3, Departures, at the entrance of the corridor connecting to T2), open 24 hours and can also offers passengers a wide range of rooms and suites to choose from.
- Water Fountains - Available throughout the airport. Some provide paper cups while other provide cold or hot water intended for your recyclable bottles.
Information not available
Information not available.
Last Updated: 21 January 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.