Antigua Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Antigua Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Antigua Airport.
What to Expect
- A small, but modern newly-built airport terminal
- Food in the airport is expensive, but there are plenty of eateries within walking distance of the airport
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- The terminal is small and the seating has armrests. If you must sleep in the airport, the first floor is carpeted.
- A reviewer reported that airport security will wake you up repeatedly to check on you, so you may want to let airport security know of your intentions to sleep overnight before doing so.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Located across the street from the airport, Antigua Athletic Club offers a full gym, swimming pool, lockers, showers and a restaurant.
- Economy class passengers can pay to use one of the first class lounges. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Antigua Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Antigua airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Executive Lounge - Location: Airside, Departures Level. Hours: 11:00AM - 11:00PM. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$60).
Free WiFi is available at Antigua Airport. Connect to the "Lime" network.
If sleeping in Antigua Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Wind Chimes Inn - (3 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- The Catamaran Hotel - (4 miles from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Heritage Hotel - (4 miles from the airport) No airport shuttle.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Antigua Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - ACB Bank has an ATM. See Currency Exchange below.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Currency Exchange - ACB Bank offers full-service banking and currency exchange. Hours: 12:00PM - 5:00PM (Mon-Fri), 12:00PM - 7:00PM (Sat), 12:00PM - 5:00PM (Sun) • Bureau de Change offers currency exchange and exchange of traveler’s’ checks. Hours: 3:00PM - 7:00PM (Mon-Fri), 12:00PM - 7:00PM (Sat-Sun).
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty Free is available as well as approximately 20 other shops to pass the time. Hours are not known.
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. At the time of this update, 24-hour dining is not available. These are the airport’s dining options: Bargain Centre Cafe • Big Banana • Clarkies • Zodiac Bar.
- Information Desk - Location: Landside, Ground Floor.
- Post Office - Hours: 8:30AM - 4:00PM (Mon-Fri).
The airport is open 24 hours. Airside remains open according to flight schedule.
The following car rental agencies are available onsite: Alamo, Avis, Capital, Carter's, Dollar, Hertz, Naj, Oakland, St. Johns and Thrifty. Location: Main terminal, under the canopy across from the check-in counters.
Taxis are readily available outside of the Arrivals area of the airport terminal.
Last Updated: 11 December 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.