Arequipa Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Arequipa Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down of what to expect during your time at Arequipa Airport.
What to Expect
- This small, single-terminal airport connects to a few destinations in Peru.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- The airport is open from 6am - 10pm, so sleeping in the airport overnight is not possible.
- As of July 2016, we did not have any reviews from travellers who attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a Review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport that provide airport shuttle service for a fee. See our Airport Hotel section below for more info.
Good to Know
- Economy class travellers can pay to access one airport lounge. See our Airport Lounges section for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Arequipa Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Arequipa airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Sala Misti - Location: Domestic Departures Hall, Airside, 1st Floor. Hours: 6:00AM - 10:00PM (Daily). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Book Online (£18) • Priority Pass
Free WiFi is available at Arequipa Airport. According to a reader in a January 2017 review, the wifi doesn't work.
If sleeping in Arequipa Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hotel La Cuesta de Cayma - (15 min from the airport) Airport transfers can be arranged directly through the hotel ($).
- La Maison d'Elise - (17 min from the airport) Hotel will arrange taxi pick-up upon request, S/.35.00, paid to the hotel.
- Hotel San Agustin Posada del Monasterio - (23 min from the airport) Airport transfers can be arranged directly through the hotel, $16.00USD, each way (for 2 people).
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Arequipa Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - BCP Bank - Locations: Landside, next to the Entrance • Airside, next to the Magazine Store.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Currency Exchange - BCP Bank - Location: Landside, next to the Entrance • Airside, next to the Magazine Store.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Although duty-free shopping is not available in this airport, a small variety of retail and gift shops is available.
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. At the time of this update, we are unable to confirm the availability of 24-hour dining. Food options include: Altomayo • Deli Express Coffee Shop • Jirón Perú Sangucheria.
- Information Desk - iPeru - Location: Landside, next to Arrivals. Hours: 6:15AM - 9:45PM (Sunday - Thursday) • 12:00PM - 9:45PM (Friday - Saturday).
- Medical Services - There is a First Aid station available.
- Pharmacy - Botica Drugstore. Location: 1st Floor.
The airport is open from 6:00AM to 10:00PM. Overnight stays are not permitted at this airport.
Hertz offers car rental service onsite.
Some local hotels offer shuttle service to and from the airport. Contact your hotel of choice for availability and details.
Taxis are available for hire from the Arequipa Authorized Taxi kiosk in the Arrivals Hall. At the time of this update, a ride between the airport and the city center is around 20 Soles.
Last Updated: 11 December 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.