Belem Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Belem Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
its airport is top notch, but, not for the airport sleeper traveller.
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Belem Airport.
What to Expect
- A small, modern single-terminal international airport with clean facilities and pleasant atmosphere.
LOTS of 24-hour shopping and dining options!
- Drinking water from springs, pleasant temperature in the terminal and peace and quiet at night.
- WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Airport seating consists of two-seater metal benches or lightly padded individual chairs with armrests, not exactly comfortable for sleeping on. Have a travel mattress or sleeping bag handy, and head up to the quieter upper level as suggested by some of our reviewers.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- According to one reviewer, the airport’s restaurants are very expensive. If you feel safe leaving the airport, there is a village with cheap restaurants and beer about ¾ mile away, as you head towards the main road.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Belem Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- Valeverde VIP Lounge - Location: Airside, near Gate 1. Showers are available. Hours: open 24 hours.
WiFi is available at Belem Airport for a fee.
If sleeping in Belem Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hotel Spada - (4 min ride from the airport) Located just 900m from the airport. Airport transfers are available upon request (+55 91 991715700), 10 reais each way.
- Gold Mar Hotel - (5 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Ibis Belem Aeroporto - (5 min ride from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Hotel Vila Rica Belem - (15 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
In our last update, we found information about a "Sala de Descanso" (rest room) located inside the airport on the 1st Floor, near the International departures. Hours: open 24 hours. Unfortunately there are no details about what is provided and the rates. If you have any information, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Belem Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Banco 24 horas • Banco do Brasil • Banpará • Banco de Amazonia • Bradesco • Caixa Econômica FederalC Itaú • Santander - Location: Landside, First Floor.
- Baby Changing Facilities - Location: Landside, next to Surinam Airways.
- Car Rentals - Hertz • Fórmula Zero • Localiza • Movida • Unidas. Location: Between Doors D and E.
- Duty Free and Shopping - There is Duty Free available (24 hours) as well as several other shops to choose from, many of which are also open 24 hours.
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. These options are open 24 hours:
- Food Court: Bob’s • Café Elite • Casa do Pão de Queijo
- Domestic Departures: Bombom do Pará
- Upper Level: Delta Express Food Court • Doceria Belém
- Near Gate A: Califórnia Coffee
- Observatory: Café Vip
- Medical Services - Yes, location is not known however it operates 24 hours.
- Pharmacy - Extra Farma - Location: Landside, First Floor, Next to the Banca do Brasil. Hours: Open 24 hours.
- Post Office - Location: Landside, Ground Floor - Hours: 9:00AM - 5:00PM (Monday - Friday).
- Prayer Room - Location: Landside, Next to Civil Police. Hours: Open 24 hours
- Shoe Shine - Dalcídio Mariano Saraiva do Nascimento Júnior - Location: Landside, Ground Floor. Hours: 10:00AM - 7:00PM.
- Showers - Showers are available in the Valeverde Lounge. [ see Airport Lounges above ]
The airport is open 24 hours. Airside is open according to the flight schedule.
Local bus lines 638 “Pratinha - Pte. Vargas” and 633 “Marex - Pça da República” serve the airport, offering an economic way to travel to and from the city center if you are traveling light.
Metered taxis are readily available outside of the baggage claim area. You can also haggle a price with the driver or seek the assistance of a staff member at the taxi rank.
Last Updated: 10 June 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.