Belize City Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Belize City Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
"When you land, you are greeted by one of any number of angry Belizeans in a uniform, (the uniform makes them better than you, remember that). - a traveller
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Belize City Airport.
What to Expect
- A small single-terminal international airport with few shops and dining options. As one reviewer puts it, “There’s really nothing to write home about.”
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- It is not possible to sleep in this airport overnight.
- For daytime naps, reviewers have mentioned that the airport is crowded, and seating is uncomfortable and often unavailable.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Belize City Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
There are no pay-per-use lounges at the airport.
Free WiFi is available at Belize Airport. Connect to the “PGIA Courtesy WiFi” or “FreeBTLHOTSPOT” networks. Internet kiosks are also available throughout the airport. Most of the kiosks accept credit card or internet e-card only, but two of the kiosks do accept cash. Rates are posted at each kiosk.
If sleeping in Belize Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Global Village Hotel - (8 min from the airport) Airport transfers available.
- Bamboleo Inn - (10 min from the airport) Owners will arrange taxi pick-up which includes the driver waiting at the airport with a sign for you, $10.00 USD each way.
- Red Hut Inn & Car Rental - (20 min from the airport) Airport transfers available for $20 USD. Airport transfers also available to Belize City Municipal Airport.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Belize City Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - ATMs are available throughout both terminals.
- Car Rentals - Several agencies are available in the Rental Service area of the car park: Avis • Budget • Discount • Hertz • Thirfty and more.
- Currency Exchange - Atlantic Bank Limited offers foreign currency exchange and other banking services in Terminal 2.
- Duty Free & Shopping - A small variety of duty-free shops are available in the Departures lounge and Arrivals Hall. Two souvenir shops are also available in the airport.
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. Dining options include: Global Spice (T1, upstairs) ▪ Sun Garden (T2, upstairs) ▪ Jets Bar (Departures lounge).
- Information Desk - Location: Arrivals Hall - Hours: 7:00AM - 10:00PM.
- Smoking - Smoking is prohibited anywhere inside the airport.
According to the airport's website “Normal operating hours from 6:00AM - 6:00PM however flights can be accommodated outside these hours.”
Information not available.
Last Updated: 11 September 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.