About This Airport:
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Brasilia Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
[The airport] is divided into 3 very wide open floors (like a huge gymnasium), which makes very windy inside. - Dave C.
photo credit: Daderot / Wikimedia [ submit a photo ]
I never slept in this airport, since I lived in that city, but I have been there a lot and there are some tips:
- It is an open airport, so it can get very windy in some times of the year.
- Taxis are very expensive, but there is NO shuttle service to the city centre. There is one public bus line that goes to the centre, but the timetable for that is kinda hard to find (like any public transport in that city), so if you're going there, save some money for the taxi. going by walk to the city centre is IMPOSSIBLE (far away and no sidewalks).
- There is some 24h food services and you have a wide range of stores avaliable there (but a big part of them only work until 10pm)
- It is a safe airport, since it is slightly isolated from the city centre, so you will not find homeless people or drug addicts there (at least, I never saw that). Even though it's quite safe, safety is a general problem in brazil, so be careful with your luggage.
- In the boarding gates area, after security, there are some restaurants, book stores and some gifts/clothing store.
- If your flight is departing early, sleep in the airside - the after security area is not open air (like the landside) and it's very comfortable.
- Generally, brazilians don't drink tap water, although there are some rumours that Brasilia's tap water is good to drink. If you're short on money, try it.
The last review for this airport was in 2012. Have you been there recently? Tell us about it!
Information not available
WiFi is available at the Brasilia Airport for a fee. (submitted by a reader)
- Currency Exchange. Landside. Hours: 900am - 900pm (Mon - Fri) and 1000am - 400pm (Sat - Sun)
- Banks & ATMs
- Car rentals
- Restaurants - only 1 or 2 food outlets remain open for 24 hours (submitted by a reader)
Open 24 hours (submitted by a reader)
Terminal Quick Tips
- apparently there are 5 movie theatres
Brasilia Travel Resources
- Brasilia Hotel Deals - compare rates, check availability and read reviews
- Galapagos Holidays - I work at this travel agency specializing in custom tours to Brazil and the rest of South America. :-)
Last Updated: 18 June 2012
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you du ring your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.