Brasilia Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Brasilia Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
[The airport] is divided into 3 very wide open floors (like a huge gymnasium), which makes very windy inside. - Dave C.
I never slept in this airport, since I lived in that city, but I have been there a lot and there are some tips:
- It is an open airport, so it can get very windy in some times of the year.
- Taxis are very expensive, but there is NO shuttle service to the city centre. There is one public bus line that goes to the centre, but the timetable for that is kinda hard to find (like any public transport in that city), so if you're going there, save some money for the taxi. going by walk to the city centre is IMPOSSIBLE (far away and no sidewalks).
- There is some 24h food services and you have a wide range of stores avaliable there (but a big part of them only work until 10pm)
- It is a safe airport, since it is slightly isolated from the city centre, so you will not find homeless people or drug addicts there (at least, I never saw that). Even though it's quite safe, safety is a general problem in brazil, so be careful with your luggage.
- In the boarding gates area, after security, there are some restaurants, book stores and some gifts/clothing store.
- If your flight is departing early, sleep in the airside - the after security area is not open air (like the landside) and it's very comfortable.
- Generally, brazilians don't drink tap water, although there are some rumours that Brasilia's tap water is good to drink. If you're short on money, try it.
Have you been to Brasilia Airport recently? Write a Review!
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Brasilia airport either by purchasing a day pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Aeroportos VIP Club - Location: Terminal 1, Airside, 2nd Floor. Domestic flights only. Hours: 6:00AM - 12:00AM (Daily). Lounge Access: Priority Pass.
Free WiFi is available at Brasilia Airport. Connect to the “INFRAERO wi-fi grátis” Network.
If sleeping in Brasilia Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Base Concept Hotel - (7 min from the airport) Located just 380m from the airport. Airport shuttle service available.
- Candango Aero Hotel - (10 min from the airport) Airport shuttle service available.
- Quality Hotel & Suites Brasilia - (10 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Hotel Singular - (12 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Brasilia Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Banco do Brasil - Location: Landside, Terminal 1.
- Car Rentals - Avis • Hertz • Localiza • Locarauto • Unidas.
- Currency Exchange - Confidence Câmbio - Hours: Open 24 hours.
- Information Desk - Location: Departures Hall - Hours: Open 24 hours.
- Restaurants - only 1 or 2 food outlets remain open for 24 hours (submitted by a reader)
The airport is open 24 hours.
Terminal Quick Tips
- apparently there are 5 movie theatres
We Need Your Feedback!
The SleepingInAirports community depends on travellers, like you, to share their airport experiences through airport reviews and survey responses. If you had a good or bad experience at Brasilia Airport, tell us about it!
- Complete the 2015 Airport Survey - Your responses to this short (and easy!) questionnaire will help us determine the Best and Worst Airports of 2015.
- Write a Review - Please take a few minutes to write your airport review. Whether you provided a quick tip or a detailed review, you will be helping other travellers in a similar situation. Leave a guest review OR register for an account.
Thank you for helping the Community!
Brasilia Travel Resources
- Brasilia Hotel Deals - compare rates, check availability and read reviews
Last Updated: 11 May 2015
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.