Brasilia Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Brasilia Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
[The airport] is divided into 3 very wide open floors (like a huge gymnasium), which makes very windy inside. - Dave C.
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Brasilia Airport.
What to Expect
- The Brasilia airport has two terminals. Terminal 2 serves only domestic flights, whereas Terminal 1 serves both.
- There are several 24 hour concessions, found both landside and airside.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Reviewers report that there is almost no seating without armrests. Some pushed several benches together to form a more comfortable bed.
- Some reviewers complained of cold temperatures, so considering bringing warm clothes or a blanket.
- Reviewers recommend you sleep airside, as the landside section of the airport is open to the elements.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can find comfort in one of the lounges that are accessible with a pass. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Brasilia Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Brasilia airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Aeroportos VIP Club (Domestic) - Location: Domestic Terminal, Airside, 2nd Floor. Domestic flights only. Showers are available. Hours: 6:00AM - 12:00AM (Daily). Lounge Access: Book Online (£27.00 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
- VIP Express Club Pier Norte - Location: Domestic Terminal, Airside, Upper Level. Hours: 6:00AM - 12:00AM.
- VIP Express Club Pier Sul - Location: Domestic Terminal, Airside, Upper Level. Hours: 6:00AM - 12:00AM.
- Aeroportos VIP Club (International) - Location: International Terminal, Airside, Ground Floor. International flights only. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Book Online (£27.00 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
Free WiFi is available at Brasilia Airport. Connect to the “INFRAERO wi-fi grátis” Network.
If sleeping in Brasilia Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Base Concept Hotel - (7 minutes from the airport) Located just 380m from the airport. Free airport shuttle service is available 24 hours a day, every 20 minutes. See the airport Information Desk to arrange your transfer.
- Candango Aero Hotel - (10 minutes from the airport) Airport shuttle service available.
- Quality Hotel & Suites Brasilia - (10 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Hotel Singular - (12 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Brasilia Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - ATMs are accessible 24 hours a day in the public areas of the Domestic and International Arrivals halls.
- Banking - Banco do Brasil, Bradesco and Caixa Bank are available onsite. Location: Food Court Hours: 11:00AM - 4:00PM.
- Car Rentals - Avis • Hertz • Jar Jour • Localiza • Movida • Unidas.
- Currency Exchange - Global Exchange. Locations: North and South Piers • Arrivals Hall (landside and airside) • International Departures and Arrivals (airside). Hours: Open 24 hours.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Dufry Duty Free offers duty-free shopping 24 hours a day in the airside areas of International Departures and Arrivals. A small variety of shops selling souvenirs, cosmetics and other items are located throughout the airport.
- Food/Drinks - Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. These options are open 24 hours:
- T2, Departures (landside and airside): Bonelle Cafe
- T2, landside, Departures: Bonelle Grill
- Arrivals (landside): Grão Café
- Arrivals (landside and airside): Casa do Pão de Queijo
- Central Concourse (airside): Casa do Pão de Queijo • Viena Cafe
- Food Court: Frango Assado • Fran’s Cafe • Pizza Hut • Subway
- North and South Piers: Casa do Pão de Queijo • Frango Assado • McDonald’s • Subway
- Main Lobby (landside): McDonald’s.
- Information Desk - Look for the Air Phones (13 stations in the airport) to be connected with customer service agents, 24 hours a day. Additionally this is a Information Desk located in the Departures Hall - Hours: Open 24 hours.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Malex do Brasil offers temporary luggage storage and other services. Location: Arrivals, landside. Hours: 8:00AM - 8:00PM.
- Luggage Wrapping - TrueStar SecureBag luggage wrapping service is available in the Main Lobby (landside). Hours: Open 24 hours.
- Medical Services - Urgent and emergency medical care is available at the Posto Médico. Location: Arrivals Level. Hours: Open 24 hours.
- Pharmacy - Drogasil has two locations: Main Lobby (landside) • Central Concourse (airside). Hours: Open 7:00AM - 11:00PM.
- Post Office - Correios. Location: Food Court. Hours: 8:00AM - 9:00PM (Mon-Fri) 9:00AM - 5:00PM (Sat,Sun,Holidays).
- Showers - Showers are available in the Aeroportos VIP Club [ see Airport Lounges above ].
- Salon & Spa - Aerospa offers massage and other services Location: South Pier (Mezzanine) Hours: 7:00AM -10:00PM (Mon-Fri), 8:00AM - 9:00PM (Sat,Sun).
The airport is open 24 hours.
If you can spring for the comfort and convenience, Executive Buses offer a pleasant way to travel between the airport and the hotel zone or central region. If your load is light and you need to travel cheaply, city buses are an option. Buses 102 or 102.1 run between the airport and the main bus station at Rodoviária.
The following car rental agencies offer service onsite: Avis • Hertz • Localiza • Movida • Unidas.
Metered taxis are readily available for hire in the ground transportation area of the airport.
Last Updated: 09 March 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.