Bridgetown Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Bridgetown Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
The whole thing (except for the departure lounge for ticketed passengers and the arrival hall) is open to the outdoors and the trees & trade winds are great! - L. Markham
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Bridgetown Airport.
What to Expect
- A small, open-air single-terminal international airport with a small variety of shops and restaurants
- Some reviewers describe having unpleasant experiences with overzealous airport security staff.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- As of June 2016, we do not have any reviews from travelers who have slept at this airport.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to use one of the first class lounges. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Bridgetown Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Bridgetown airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Airlines Executive Lounge - Location: Terminal 1, airside, between gates 12 and 13. Hours: 5:00AM - 8:00PM (Daily). Lounge Access: Book Online (£22.00 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
- Club Caribbean Executive Lounge - Location: Terminal 1, Landside, between Air Canada and American Airlines counters. Showers are available.
Free WiFi is available at Barbados airport.
If sleeping in Bridgetown Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Ocean Spray Beach Apartments - (10 min from the airport) Airport transfers, including meet and greet service, are available upon request, $30.00USD each way.
- Round Rock Apartments of Sea - (10 min from the airport) Airport transfer service is available upon request, $15.00USD each way, premium applies to surf gear.
- MoonRaker Beach Hotel - (15 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Butterfly Beach Hotel - (12 minutes) No airport shuttle.
- Dover Beach Hotel - (15 minutes) No airport shuttle. A taxi costs approx. $20.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Bridgetown Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATM /Cash Machines - ATMs in the airport dispense Barbadian dollars only. Locations: Departures terminal, landside • Retail shopping mall, airside.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Currency Exchange - There is a cambio (money exchange kiosk) in the departures and arrivals lounges. Hours: 5:00AM - 9:00PM daily (Departures lounge), 6:30AM - 9:30PM daily (Arrivals lounge) Both locations are open from 1:30PM on Christmas Day.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty-free shopping is available in landside and airside areas of the Departures and Arrivals terminals.
- Food & Dining - Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. At the time of this update, we are unable to confirm if there are any 24-hour dining options. Current selection includes: Banks Bar ▪ Chefette Restaurant ▪ Christophe’s Cafe ▪ Cream ▪ Gate Zero Bar ▪ Good Eats ▪ Grab ‘N Go ▪ Island Grill
- Information Desk - There is an information desk located in both Departures and Arrivals terminals.
- Luggage Storage and Lockers - Not available at the airport
- Post Office - Location: Landside, Departures Terminal. Hours: 8:00AM - 3:00PM (Mondays) • 8:00AM - 3:15PM (Tuesday - Friday).
- Showers - Available inside one of the lounges. [ see Airport Lounges above ]
- Spa - Soothing Touch Da Spa offers massage and other day spa services onsite.
The airport is open 24 hours. Airside is open according to the flight schedule.
Travel between the airport and destinations around the island by taking a local bus, which stops outside of the airport terminal. Taxis - Metered taxis are readily available for hire in the ground transportation area of the airport.
Last Updated: 09 March 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.