Bucaramanga Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Bucaramanga Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
the baggage carousel is outside, so if you need to call someone to pick you up, do it prior to hunting for your bags! - jim
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Palonegro International Airport.
What to Expect
- A small international airport with a variety of shopping and dining options
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Overnight stays are not permitted at this airport.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Bucaramanga Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Bucaramanga airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Avianca Sala VIP - Location: Airside, 2nd Floor. Hours: 4:30PM - 9:30PM (Daily). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$ 25)
Free Wi Fi is available at Bucaramanga Airport.
If sleeping in Palonegro International Airport does not appeal to you, it is best to head back into Bucaramanga city center, as there are no hotels in or near the airport. Here are some suggestions based on Tripadvisor reviews:
- Hotel D’Leon - (27 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Dann Carlton Hotel & Spa Bucaramanga - (28 min from the airport) Airport transfer service is available upon request (call + 57 (7) 6973266), $32.000 colombian pesos each way.
- Hotel Chicamocha - (30 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Bucaramanga Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - BBVA & Banco Colombia - Location: Landside, Second Floor.
- Food & Drinks - The three Restaurants and two Coffee Shops are open during normal flight operation times.
The airport is open from 05:30 AM until 11:30 PM. Sleeping in the airport overnight is not possible.
Metered taxis are readily available in the ground transportation area of the airport.
Last Updated: 02 January 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.