Calama Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Calama Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
What to Expect
- A small, single terminal airport with basic amenities.
- A large restaurant is located in the public area on the upper level.
- Passengers do not go through security until shortly before boarding time.
- WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have used this airport. However, we spoke to a local who indicated a friend had slept in the airport before an early morning flight and said it was comfortable. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are several hotels nearby. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below for more info.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can purchase entry a lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for location and hours.
For more information about the services and facilities, scroll down to continue exploring our Calama Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Calama airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Salones VIP Pacific Club - Location: Airside, 2nd Floor. Hours: 6:30AM - 11:30PM (Sun - Fri) • 8:30AM - 7:00PM (Sat). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$40) • Book Online (£25 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
WiFi is available in El Loa Airport.
If sleeping in Calama Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Park Hotel Calama - (5 min from the airport) Airport shuttle service available ($).
- Cabañas Hara Kara - (5 min from the airport) Airport shuttle service available ($).
- L&S Hotel - (9 min from the airport) No airport transfer service available.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Calama Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Yes.
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. At the time of this update, 24-hour dining is not available. Food options are: Bakery & Co. • Costa Tacora Restobar • Macchiato Express.
- Information Desk - Yes.
- Shopping - Jewelry, handicrafts, and souvenirs are available for sale from the airport’s three shops. The airport has a newsstand as well.
The airport is open 24 hours.
The following car rental agencies offer service onsite: Avis • Budget • Econorent • Europcar • First • Hertz.
These shared-ride minibuses offer economical transportation along a fixed route.
Metered taxis are readily available in the ground transportation area of the airport.
Last Updated: 02 January 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.