Cartagena Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Cartagena Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
People just like you because they see in you the potential for the solution of their economical problems. - a traveller
photo credit: David Shankbone / Wikimedia
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Cartagena Airport.
What to Expect
- The Cartagena airport has two terminals: International and Domestic.
- There are no 24 hour concessions, so be sure to purchase food before the restaurants close, if you plan to stay the night.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Reviewers recommended the long benches found near the entrance to the airport.
- Some reviewers reported mosquitos, so bring bug spray if you can.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to use one of the lounges. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Cartagena Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Cartagena airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Avianca Sala VIP (National) - Location: National Terminal, Landside. Hours: 4:30AM - 11:00PM (Daily). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$ 25)
- Sala VIP (International) - Location: International Terminal, Airside. Hours: 5:30AM - 4:00PM (Mon, Wed, Fri and Sun) and 5:30AM - 4:00PM plus 8:00PM - 12:00AM (Tues, Thurs and Sat). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$ 25)
Free WiFi is available at Cartagena Airport. Connect to the “Sacsa Gratis” Network.
If sleeping in Cartagena Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hotel Las Americas - (4 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle is available, must be booked 24 hours in advance.
- Hotel Cabrero Mar - (5 min from the airport) No airport shuttle
- Vistamarina Casa Hotel - (5 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Radisson Cartagena Ocean Pavillion Hotel - (5 min from the airport) Airport transfers can be arranged directly through the hotel via private taxi service ($).
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Cartagena Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - ATMs are available near the entrance to the Domestic Departures boarding area. An additional ATM is available at Bancolombia in Domestic Arrivals.
- Banking - Bancolombia offers full-service banking and an ATM in Domestic Arrivals, landside. Hours: 8:00AM - 11:30AM and 2:00PM - 4:30PM (Mon-Thurs) *same hours but open until 5:00PM on Friday.
- Car Rentals - Car and Rent - Hours: 8:00AM - 06:30PM (Mon- Sat only).
- Currency Exchange - Americambios - Location: Landside, International Arrivals Terminal. Hours: 7:00 AM - 8:00 PM.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty Free is available as well as a small selection of shops.
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. At the time of this update, we are unable to confirm the availability of 24-hour dining.
- Information Desk - Location: Landside, Main Hall, in front of Check-in Counters. Hours: open 24 hours.
- Medical Services - The airport has a Medical Center. Location: Landside, 1st Floor. Hours are not known.
- Pharmacy - Yes a Drugstore is available in the Main Hall. Hours are not known.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Car rental agencies are available onsite in the Arrivals area of the Domestic Terminal.
Fixed-rate prepaid taxis are readily available for hire in the ground transportation area of the airport. Pay at the taxi ranks located at the Domestic and International terminals, then present the receipt to your driver before starting your journey.
Last Updated: 02 January 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.