Cienfuegos Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Cienfuegos Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
I thought a night in a Cuban airport would be the worst night of my life. No, it wasn't.
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Jaime González Airport.
What to Expect
- A small, but clean single-terminal international airport with a variety of casual gift shops and snack bars.
- Everything closes at night, so stock up on snacks and beverages for later!
Where to Sleep
- All seating has armrests, but there is ample empty floor space. Have a sleeping bag or travel mat handy for added comfort while you snooze.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Cienfuegos Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- VIP Lounge - Location: airside. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (20 CUC).
At the time of this update WiFi is not available at Cienfuegos Airport.
If sleeping in Cienfuegos Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hotel Cubanacan Boutique la Union - (8 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Hostal Ivan Y Lili - (4 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Casas Zunilda Y Raya - (8 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle.
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotel deals in Cienfuegos on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- Car Rentals - Yes
- Currency Exchange - Yes, Landside only.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty Free is available at the airport as well as souvenir shops located Airside.
- Food & Drinks - There is a snackbar located past security.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- Showers - not available
- Smoking - There is an enclosed smoking lounge available Airside.
The airport is open 24 hours. Airside is open according to the flight schedule.
Information currently unavailable. If you are familiar with the modes of ground transportation available at this airport, please email us at email@example.com.
Last Updated: 02 January 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.