Dominica Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Dominica Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
no AC, long delays, flying insects, security is a joke. food concession is a joke also, and expensive. - Jim
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Dominica Airport.
What to Expect
- A tiny airport, surrounded by nature, with archaic facilities and no amenities or dining options.
- WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- As of June 2016, we do not have any reviews from travelers who have spent the night in this airport.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Dominica Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
There are no pay-per-use lounges in the airport.
Free WiFi is available at Dominica Douglas-Charles Airport.
If sleeping in Douglas-Charles Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- My Father’s Place Guesthouse - (3 minutes from the airport) Airport transfer are available from the guesthouse ($10.00USD each way).
- Coffeeriver Cottages Dominica - (5 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Hibiscus Valley Inn - (8 minutes from the airport) Airport pick-up available for $20 USD. Airport pick-up from Canefield Airport also possible at $25 per person (2.5 hour journey)
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Dominica Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
As of this update we were unable to confirm what services and amenities are available. If you know, please email us at email@example.com.
The airport is open from 6:00AM - 11:00PM. Overnight stays are not permitted at this airport.
Metered taxis are readily available for hire in the ground transportation area of the airport.
Last Updated: 02 January 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.