Easter Island Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Easter Island Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
this airport was built by nasa and has a massive runway.
Check-in hall (landside)
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Easter Island Airport.
What to Expect
- The Rapa Nui airport receives only one or two flights per day. It is old, extremely small and offers no frills.
- You should eat before coming to the airport, although there are a few small concessions available.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- The airport closes at night, so it would not be possible to stay here overnight.
- Seating is limited and not suitable to sleeping. You would be better off sleeping outside the terminal.
- There are hotels located within walking distance of the airport. Some of the higher priced hotels provide transportation between the airport and hotel. Their agents can be found in the arrivals hall when flights land. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Easter Island Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
A small VIP lounge is available. Access details are unknown.
Free WiFi is available at Isla de Pascua Airport. Connect to the ”Entel” network.
Sleeping inside the airport overnight is not possible. The small town is right outside the airport entrance so all of the hotels in Hanga Roa could be considered near the airport. Here are a few hotel options based on proximity to the airport and Tripadvisor reviews:
- Tupa Hotel - (3 minutes from the airport) Free airport transfers are available upon prior request.
- Iorana Hotel - (3 minutes from the airport) Airport shuttle service is available upon request (approx. US$ 21.00 each way).
- Hotel Manutara - (3 minutes from the airport) Free airport transfers upon request.
- Taha Tai - (3 minutes from the airport) Free airport transfers upon request.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Easter Island Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Not available
- Car Rentals - Hertz • Autoeurope • Record Rent a Car • Sixt.
- Currency Exchange - Not available
- Food & Drinks - there are very small cafes located before and after security.
- Information Desk - Not available
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Not available
- Showers - Not available
The airport is open from 10:00 AM until the last flight. Sleeping in the airport overnight is not possible.
Information not available.
Last Updated: 22 February 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.