Florianopolis Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Florianapolis Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Stay out of the secure section because it is tiny and doesn't have a lot of seats.
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Florianópolis Airport.
What to Expect
- A small airport that is quiet at night.
- WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Although seats throughout the airport are uncomfortable and have armrests, one reviewer mentioned a row of seating without armrests at the end of the viewing platform on the 2nd floor. The area is quiet and offers views of the runway. To get here, take the lone set of stairs leading to the 2nd floor.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Florianópolis Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- TAM VIP Lounge - landside
WiFi is available at Florianopolis airport for a fee.
If sleeping in Hercilio Luz International Airport does not appeal to you, it is best to head back to Florianopolis city center, or the nearby city of Campeche, as there are no hotels in or around the airport. Here are some suggestions based on Tripadvisor reviews:
- Pousada Vila Tamarindo Eco Lodge - (15 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Hotel e Pousada Natur Campeche - (20 min from the airport) No airport shuttle
- Pousada Praia Campeche - (22 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Florianopolis Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - ATMs are available 24 hours a day in the main lobby, mezzanine, and in front of the passenger terminal. Please note: Banco do Brasil’s ATM is only open from 10:00AM - 4:00PM.
- Baby Care Facilities - There are baby change facilities available in the main lobby area.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Currency Exchange - Cotação Casa de Câmbio - Location: Landside. Hours: 5:30AM - 11:30PM (Daily).
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. Casa do Rei Pão de Queijo is open 24 hours in the mezzanine.
- Information Desk - Location: Airside, Ground Floor. Hours: Open 24 hours.
- Medical Services - Yes, available at the clinic in the main lobby. Hours: 24 hours a day.
- Pharmacy - Air Farma - Location: Landside, Mezzanine. Hours: 6:00AM - 12:00AM (Daily).
- Post Office - Location: Landside, Mezzanine Level. Hours: 9:00AM - 5:00PM (Monday - Friday).
- Shopping - An interesting variety of gift shops and retail stores are available in the main lobby and mezzanine.
The airport is open 24 hours. Airside is open according to the flight schedule.
The following Ônibus Executivo bus lines serve the airport: 6120 Aeroporto / Centro • 183 Corredor Sudoeste/Centro • 4124 Caieira da Barra do Sul/Centro.
The following car rental agencies offer service onsite: Hertz • Inova • Localiza • Unidas / National / Alamo.
Taxis are available for hire in the ground transportation area of the airport.
Last Updated: 09 January 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.