Fort de France Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Fort de France Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
When we arrived, we asked a security member if it was allowed to stay over night in the airport. He answered that it's forbidden, but that sometimes they will let some people stay if, eg, they have a very early flight. - a traveller
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Fort de France International Airport.
What to Expect
- A small, bright and modern single terminal airport with clean facilities, but limited shops and services.
- WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- In a review from 2011, a traveler was told by airport staff that sleeping overnight in the airport is forbidden. If you are considering spending the night in this airport, speak to airport security about your intentions. If sleeping in airport is indeed not an option, view our Airport Hotels section below for a list of hotels near the airport.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Fort de France Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
There are no pay-per-use lounges in the airport.
Free WiFi is available at Fort de France Airport for 30 minutes.
If sleeping in Fort de France Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Centre International de Sejour Martinique - (10 min from the airport) No airport shuttle. According to the hotel, the approx. taxi cost is 20,00€ each way.
- Karibea Valmeniere Hotel - (10 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Fort de France Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Two ATMs are located on the ground floor, opposite Doors E and F. A third ATM is located in the parking lot outside of the airport, in front of Door D.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Currency Exchange - Location: Near Gate F - Hours: 7:30AM - 1:30PM and 3:30PM - 6:30PM (Monday) • 7:30AM - 8:00PM (Tuesday - Saturday) • 9:00AM - 12:00PM and 2:30PM - 6:00PM (Sunday - Holidays).
- Duty Free & Shopping - Dufry duty-free store is available airside, along with a news stand. A small variety of gift and souvenirs shops are available landside.
- Food & Drinks - At the time of this update, there are no 24-hour dining options. Food options include: Air Lounge Cafe • Burger King • The Green Diamond • The Roucou • The Tarmac Café.
- Information Desk - SAMAC Information Desk Location: Between Doors C and D. Hours: 7:00AM - 10:00PM. FMOTSI Information Desk Location: Between Doors C and D. Hours: 8:00AM - 10:00PM (Mon-Sat) and 3:00PM - 10:00PM (Sun).
- Medical Center - Urgent and emergency medical care is available at the airport Medical Center. Location: Upstairs. Hours: 9:00AM - 10:00PM.
- Pharmacy - Location: Ground Floor. Hours: 7:30AM - 10:00PM.
The airport is open from 7:00AM - 10:00PM.
The following car rental agencies are available onsite in the Arrivals Hall: Avis • Budget • Europcar • Hertz • Jumbo Car • National • Pop’s Car • Rent-a-Car • Thrifty • Auloc.
Metered taxis are available for hire at Area D of the Arrivals zone.
Last Updated: 09 January 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.