George Town Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our George Town Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at George Town Airport.
What to Expect
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have used this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our George Town Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
Free WiFi is available at George Town Airport.
If sleeping in George Town Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- The Riviera Grand Cayman - (5 min from the airport) No airport shuttle
- Sunset House - (10 min from the airport) No airport shuttle
- Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach - (10 min from the airport) No airport shuttle
To see more options there is a list of hotels near George Town Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Location: Check-In area, landside.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty-free shopping is available airside in the Departure lounge, along with a small variety of retails shops. Two souvenir shops are located outside along the curb. Cayman Brac Airport has one souvenir shop, Brac Souvenir.
- Food & Drinks - Two dining options are available: The Hungry Horse full-service restaurant (Location: 2nd Floor, landside. Hours: 6:00AM - 6:00PM) and The Runaway Bar snack bar (Location: Departures Lounge, airside. Hours: 5:00AM until last flight).
- Information Desk - Mainly a tourism desk for the island, but they can answer general questions about the airport too. Hours: 11:00AM -9:00PM.
The airport is open from 6:00AM - 9:00PM.
Bus pick-up must be pre-booked. Visit the airport website for a list of coach companies.
The taxi stand is located outside the Arrivals area. Fares are pre-set, and the taxi service will provide a ticket that identifies the licensed cab driver, destination, and fare.
Many companies offer car rental services, located just across the street from the terminal. Companies include Alamo, Andy’s, Apex, Avis Cico, Budget, Discount, Dollar, Economy, Firefly, Fox, Hertz, Marshall’s, National, Payless, and Thrifty.
Last Updated: 07 December 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.