Guatemala City Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Guatemala City Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
It was already closed but they opened the door and asked me what time did my flight take-off (about 09:00am). it was enough early so I could sleep there. - AirLife
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Guatemala City Airport.
What to Expect
- A modern and bustling single-terminal international airport with minimal facilities and NO air-conditioning.
- Only ticketed passengers are allowed to enter the airport.
- There is a heavy police presence.
- WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Overnight sleeping is not permitted at this airport. Check out our Airport Hotels section for suggestions on nearby hotels (some have airport shuttle!).
- One reviewer mentioned a nearby cafe where it is possible to hang out the whole night, but be prepared to buy something (a snack or drink perhaps?) and spend the night sitting upright.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- If you find the airport’s restaurants to be expensive, there are a few cheap snack shops if you choose to venture out of the airport, about 1-2 blocks past the airport bus stop.
- Economy class passengers can pay to use one of the first class lounges. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Guatemala City Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- Los Anejos Lounge - Location: International Terminal, Airside, North Wing, between Gates 6 and 7. Hours: 6:00AM - 8:00PM (Mon - Fri) • 6:00AM - 7:00PM (Sat - Sun).
- Copa Club - Location: Main International Terminal, Airside, next to Gate 14. Hours: 4:00AM - 4:15PM (Daily).
Free WiFi is available airside at Guatemala City Airport. A reviewer tells us that WiFi is available in the gated areas of the terminal, but you must have a Guatemalan mobile phone in order to use it.
If sleeping in Guatemala City Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Dai Nonni Hotel - (8 minutes from the airport) The hotel will arrange a driver for your airport pick-up. Approx. cost is US$10.00. Return service from the hotel to the airport is provided via taxi, US$4.00.
- Hotel Santander Plaza - (10 minutes from the airport) Roundtrip airport shuttle service is available. The shuttle is free, Monday to Saturday between 8:00AM and 5:00PM, transfers outside these hours cost US$10.00 each way. You must book in advance.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Guatemala City Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Citibank / Bancared - Location: Landside, Third Floor / Landside, Arrivals Hall, First Floor.
- Car Rentals - Ahorrent, Hertz, Avis, Budget, Payless Car Rental, Hertz, Thrifty y National, Dollar, Advantage.
- Currency Exchange - Global Exchange - Location: Landside, International Departures, Third Floor / Landise, International Arrivals, First Floor - Hours: 3:00AM - 7:30PM (Daily).
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty Free is available at the airport.
- Food & Drinks - At the time of this update there were no 24 hour food concessions at the airport.
The airport is open from 03:00 AM until the last flight.
Information not available.
Last Updated: 20 February 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.