Iguaçu Falls Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Iguaçu Falls Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
I slept peacefully on a bench (which I wiped clean with baby wipes) for about 5 hours until I was woken by a curious security guard early in the morning. - captaintevo
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Foz do Iguaçu/Cataratas International Airport.
What to Expect
- A tiny single-terminal international airport with limited amenities, located in a small town.
- The food court has several 24-hour dining options and a TV that stays on all night, creating a decent, although not very exciting, place to pass time in the airport.
- WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- There aren’t many places to sleep, as this is a tiny airport, but one recent reviewer found a bench to sleep on. The airport is fairly safe and quiet at night, so if you have a travel mattress or sleeping bag handy, you may be able to sleep soundly on the floor.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Iguaçu Falls Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- Gold Smiles VIP - Location: Airside.
WiFi is available at Foz de Iguacu Airport for a fee.
If sleeping in Iguaçu Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport and National park:
- Hotel Harbor Colonial - (3 min from the airport) Airport transfers available ($).
- Hotel Canzi Cataratas - (4 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- San Martin Hotel & Resort - (5 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- San Juan Eco Hotel - Airport transfers are available upon request. Approx. cost is US$25.00 each way.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Iguaçu Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - ATMs are available 24 hours a day in the Main Lobby.
- Baby Changing Room - Changing facilities are available in the Departures Hall and Main Lobby.
- Car Rentals - Avis • Hertz • Localiza • Unidas •Movida.
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. These options are open 24 hours in the food court: Deltaexpresso • Rei do Pão de Queijo.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Yes, lockers are available. Location: Lobby. Hours: 5:00AM - 11:00PM. Rates: Not known.
- Luggage Wrapping - Protec Bag luggage wrapping service is available. Fee: unknown. Location: Check-In Area. Hours: 4:00AM - 8:00AM and 10:30AM - 8:00PM.
- Medical Services - Urgent and emergency medical care is available 24 hours a day in the passenger terminal. Ask an airport staff member for assistance.
- Shopping - A variety of jewelry and gift boutiques are available.
- Showers - Available in the Gold Smile VIP Lounge.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Public bus line 120 links the airport to Foz do Iguaçu and city center.
Metered taxis are available for hire in the ground transportation area of the airport.
Last Updated: 09 January 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.