Iquitos Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Iquitos Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
If you are going to Iquitos I STRONGLY suggest you have somewhere other than the airport to stay! - Gae
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Coronel FAP Francisco Secada Vignetta International Airport.
What to Expect
- A small, single-terminal international airport set in the Amazon. Shopping and dining options are basic, but 24-hour dining is available.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Although the seating in Arrivals Hall is more comfortable, passengers desiring to stay overnight will be restricted to certain areas of the airport. Try the upstairs area near the restaurant for peace, quiet and ample floor space. Have a sleeping bag or travel mat handy for added comfort while sleeping on the floor.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Iquitos Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Iquitos airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Caral VIP Lounge - Location: Domestic Terminal, Airside. Hours: 7:00AM - 10:00PM (Daily). Lounge Access: Book Online (£18.00 - 3 hours or £23.00 - 6 hours - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required) • Pay at the Door
Free WiFi is available at Iquitos Airport.
If sleeping in Iquitos Airport does not appeal to you, it is best to head back to Iquitos, as there are no hotels in or next to the airport. Here are some suggestions based on Tripadvisor reviews:
- Hostal Colibri - (27 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Casa Morey Hotel - (28 min from the airport) Free airport pick-up is available upon providing the hotel with your flight info. Transfer from the hotel to the airport costs S/. 20.00 (taxi).
- Emperador Terraza Hotel Iquitos - (27 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Iquitos Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - BBVA • BCP • Global Net • Scotiabank - Location: Landside, Main Hall.
- Car Rentals - Hertz, Avis, Localiza
- Food & Drinks - Altomayo (24 hours) • Café d´Mundo
- Information Desk - Location: Arrivals Hall - Hours: open 24 hours.
The airport is open 24 hours. Airside is open according to the flight schedule.
Some local hotels offer shuttle service to and from the airport. Contact your hotel of choice for availability and details.
Taxis and moto-taxis are readily available for hire in the ground transportation area of the airport.
Last Updated: 15 January 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.