La Romana Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our La Romana Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down of what to expect during your time at La Romana Airport.
What to Expect
- The current small terminal opened in 2000 with modern architecture and 4 gates.
Where to Sleep
- As of July 2016, we did not have any reviews from travellers who attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a Review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class travellers can pay to access one airport lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our La Romana Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
- Premier Lounge - Location: Airside, 2nd Floor. Hours: 11:00AM - 6:00PM (Daily). Lounge Access: Priority Pass
At the time of this update WiFi is not available at La Romana Airport.
If sleeping in La Romana Airport does not appeal to you, here are two hotels near the airport. There are additional hotels in the nearby towns of La Romana (12 minutes to the west) and Bayahibe (20 minutes to the east).
- Hotel Vecchia Caserma - (6 min from airport) The closest hotel to the airport. No airport shuttle
- Casa de Campo - (8 min from airport) Airport shuttle available
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near La Romana Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Currency Exchange - Yes, available.
- Duty Free & Shopping - A Duty Free shop is managed by DUFRY, and exists alongside a few other souvenir shops.
- Food & Drink - At the time of writing, no 24-hour options are available. However, there are a few cafes located landside and airside serving snacks, hot dogs and coffee.
The airport is open 24 hours. Airside is open according to the flight schedule.
Car rentals are available at the airport. Offices are located in the commercial terminal for the following companies: Avis • Budget • Europcar • Hertz.
Taxis are available but only accept cash in the following denominations: Dominican pesos, American dollars, or Euros. Many operators have fixed prices to common destinations, so ask before getting in.
Last Updated: 06 June 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.