La Romana Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our La Romana Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down of what to expect during your time at La Romana Airport.
What to Expect
- The current small terminal opened in 2000 with modern architecture and 4 gates.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have used this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class travellers can pay to access one airport lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our La Romana Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
- Premier Lounge - Location: Airside, 2nd Floor. Hours: 11:00AM - 6:00PM (Daily).
At the time of this update WiFi is not available at La Romana Airport.
If sleeping in La Romana Airport does not appeal to you, here are two hotels near the airport. There are additional hotels in the nearby towns of La Romana (12 minutes to the west) and Bayahibe (20 minutes to the east).
- Hotel Vecchia Caserma - (6 min from airport) The closest hotel to the airport. No airport shuttle
- Casa de Campo - (8 min from airport) Airport shuttle available
To see more options there is a list of hotels near La Romana Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Currency Exchange - Yes, available.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Dufry offers duty-free shopping airside in both Departures and Arrivals. A small variety of retail and gift shops are available landside in the waiting areas.
- Food & Drink - Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. At the time of this update, we are unable to confirm the availability of 24-hour dining. Food options include: Caribbean Coffee • Fröls • Nathan’s Hot Dogs • Sbarro Pizzeria • Segafredo Cafe.
The airport is open 24 hours. Airside is open according to the flight schedule.
Car rentals are available at the airport. Offices are located in the commercial terminal for the following companies: Avis • Budget • Europcar • Hertz.
Taxis are available but only accept cash in the following denominations: Dominican pesos, American dollars, or Euros. Many operators have fixed prices to common destinations, so ask before getting in.
Last Updated: 12 February 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.