Macapa Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Macapa Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
The airport itself has open doors which are always open (even at night) air conditioning is limited to the airline offices, a small duty free shop and a cafe with overpriced food. - deepg
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Macapá Airport.
What to Expect
- A small, rustic international airport with limited shopping and dining options.
- 24-hour dining is available, but the airport cafe is very expensive! Save money by bringing your own food and beverages.
- With constant foot traffic and airport security all around, the airport feels safe and secure.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the Airport Guide below.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Macapá Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
As of this update we were unable to confirm whether the airport has any first class or business lounges. If you know, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Free WiFi is available at Macapá Airport.
If sleeping in Macapa Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- San Marino - (3 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Equatorial Hotel - (5 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Centro Hotel - (7 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Macapa Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Banco24Horas / Banco do Brasil / Bradesco / Caixa Econômica Federal / Santander - Location: Landside. Hours: All available 24 hours.
- Car Rentals - Localiza, Jucar Veículos and Movida.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty Free is available to both International and Domestic passengers due to Mcapa being in a free trade zone. You will also find a magazine shop (Nobel) both Landside and Airside which is open 24 hours.
- Food & Drinks - There is a 24 hour food concession available: Casa do Pão de Queijo (24 hours) - Location: Airside, Landside
- Information Desk - Location: Landside, Departures Hall - Hours: Open 24 hours.
- Massage Chairs - Available Airside (Domestic). Rates: Not known.
The airport is open 24 hours. Airside is open according to the flight schedule.
Information not available.
Last Updated: 14 June 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.