Maceio Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Maceio Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
We just slept on the floor of the 2nd storey which is the panoramic viewspot of the airport
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Maceió Zumbi dos Palmares International Airport.
What to Expect
- A small, but modern single-terminal international airport with clean facilities and a variety of shops and restaurants, some of them open 24 hours!
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- After arriving into the airport on a late flight, one reviewer was advised by locals not to travel at night into Maceió for safety reasons. If you do not have pre-arranged airport pick-up, this airport can be a safe place to stay until morning.
- Try the 2nd floor for peace, quiet and panoramic views of the runway!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Maceió Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
As of this update we were unable to confirm whether the airport has any first class or business lounges. If you know, please email us at email@example.com.
Free WiFi is available at Maceió Airport.
If sleeping in Maceio Airport does not appeal to you, it is best to head back to the city center, as there are no hotels near the airport. Here are some suggestions based on Tripadvisor reviews:
- Hotel Palmanova - (50 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Best Western Premier Maceio - (1 hour from the airport) No airport shuttle. Taxis can be arranged directly through the hotel ($).
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Maceio Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Banco do Brasil • Bradesco • Caixa Econômica • HSBC • Itaú • Santander - Location: Landside, Departures Terminal.
- Car Rentals - Avis • Hertz • Localiza • Unidas.
- Chapel - Location: Landside, Departures Terminal. Hours: open 24 hours. Religion: Catholic.
- Currency Exchange - Confidence Câmbio - Location: Landside, Arrivals Hall - Hours: 9:00AM - 7:00PM (Monday - Friday) and 9:00AM - 4:00PM (Saturday).
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. These options are open 24 hours: Bob’s • Casa do Pão de Queijo • Subway
- Information Desk - Location: Landside, Arrivals Hall. Hours: open 24 hours.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Malex has luggage lockers for rent. Fee: unknown. Hours: Open 24 hours.
- Medical Services - Yes, available however location and hours are not known.
- Post Office - Location: 1st Floor. Hours: 8:00AM - 4:00PM.
- Showers - not available
The airport is open 24 hours.
If you are traveling light and sticking to a very tight budget, city buses are the cheapest mode of transportation between the airport and downtown.
The following car rental agencies offer service onsite: Avis • Hertz • Locates • Moved • United.
Metered taxis are readily available for hire in the ground transportation area of the airport.
Last Updated: 27 February 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.