Montevideo Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Montevideo Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Montevideo's new, immaculately clean facility is an easy 40 min (33 peso) bus ride from the center of town. It was a great place to sleep. - MuchosViejos
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down of what travellers have reported to us during their time at Montevideo Airport.
What to Expect
- The single, small terminal is brand new and very efficient.
- Travellers report that staff and security generally don’t mind overnight travellers.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- We have few reviews from travellers who have spent the night here, but overall their experience has been very satisfactory. One traveller says there are many flat, padded benches to sleep on and a large number of power sockets. (June 2016)
- Head to the third-floor terrace for some privacy, but bring some insect repellent. Some travellers report the potted plants attract mosquitos.
- As a smaller airport, don’t expect many overnight travellers - and it stays pretty quiet.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are several nearby hotels. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class travellers can buy entry to two airport lounges, one has shower facilities. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Montevideo Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- Aeropuertos VIP Club (Departures) - Location: Airside. Showers are available. Hours: 2:00PM - 4:00PM & 8:00PM - 6:30AM (Daily). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$ 62)
- Aeropuertos VIP Club (Arrivals) - Location: Landside. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$ 45).
Free WiFi is available at Montevideo Airport. Connect to the "Antel-Wi-fi" network.
If sleeping in Montevideo Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport in the Carrasco neighbourhood:
- Hotel Bahamas - (8 min from the airport) Airport transfers are available from the hotel to the airport for $7.00USD. The hotel does not provide airport pick-up service.
- Belmont House - (10 min from the airport) Airport transfers are available upon request. Fee is approx. $25.00USD paid directly to driver.
- Regency Park Hotel + Spa (10 min from the airport) No airport shuttle. The hotel can arrange a private car transfer for $30.00USD each way.
- Best Western Hotel Pedro Figari - (11 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Montevideo Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - BROU and HSBC - Location: Landside, Near Main Entrance.
- Baby Care Facilities - Baby change facilities are located throughout the airport.
- Baggage Carts - Available throughout the airports. Rates: unknown.
- Banking - HSBC has a full-service branch in the airport.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Currency Exchange - Global Exchange kiosks are available in these locations: Departures • Baggage Claim area • Arrivals Hall (landside).
- Duty Free & Shopping - The airport offers Duty Free as well as a small selection of shops including a Britt souvenir/convenience shop.
- Food & Drinks - Landside you will find McCafe, McDonald’s and Patria Restaurant. Airside offers only a McCafe. A reader tells us that the Landside, 1st Floor McCafe location is open 24 hours.
- Information Desk - Location: Landside, near Main Entrance - Hours: 24 hours.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Luggage storage is available for a fee of $U 270 per item / bag, per 24-hour period. Items must be presented to the Information Desk for storage. Location: Information Desk in the center of the public Arrivals Hall, ground floor.
- Luggage Wrapping - TrueStar SecureBag luggage wrapping is available in the Departures Hall (landside). Fee is unknown.
- Showers - Showers are available in the Aeropuertos VIP Lounge [ see Airport Lounges above ]
- Spa and Salon Services - Freshen up your look with hair and beauty services at the unisex salon Peluqueria Aeropuerto, located in the Arrivals Hall (landside). Hours unknown.
- Terrace - The Terrace level provides a green space area to relax.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Several local and long distance bus companies serve the airport. Contact your service provider of choice for details.
Avis, Budget, Europcar and Hertz offer car rental services onsite. Location: Arrivals Hall.
Taxis are readily available in the ground transportation area of the airport.
Last Updated: 24 March 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.