Nassau Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Nassau Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
someone came and asked me if i was alright, whether i was under the influence of alcohol or drugs and why i was sleeping here. - a traveller
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Nassau Airport.
What to Expect
- A bright and shiny modern airport with clean facilities and a wide variety of (expensive!) shopping and dining options.
- The check-in process is slooooow. Show up early if you want time to relax before your flight!
- The outdoors may be tropical and sunny, but thanks to the air-conditioning inside the airport, you will think you were in Antarctica. Have a warm sweater or jacket handy to stay warm!
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the Airport Guide below.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. However, recent reviews indicate that overnight stays are probably not permitted, as anyone who attempts to stay overnight will be hassled or asked to leave the terminal until 3:30AM. Write a review to help future travelers.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter one of the airport’s first class lounges. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Nassau Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Nassau airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Graycliff Divans Lounge - Location: US Departures Terminal, Airside. Hours: 6:00AM - 7:00PM (Fri - Mon) • 7:00AM - 7:00PM (Tues - Thurs). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Book Online (£25.00 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
- The Lignum Club - Location: 2nd Floor, Airside. Hours: 7:00AM - 7:00PM (Mon & Thurs) • 7:00AM - 10:00PM (Tues - Wed & Fri - Sun). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$ 38) • Book Online (£22.00 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
Unlimited free WiFi is available at Nassau Airport.
If sleeping in Nassau Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Coral Harbour Beach House & Villas - (10 minutes from the airport) Airport shuttle service available ($).
- Orange Hill Beach Inn - (14 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. The hotel suggests a taxi for $15.00USD (2 passengers) each way.
- Marley Resort & Spa - (15 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. The hotel can arrange airport transfers for you. Prices start at $12.50USD each way for shared transportation.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Nassau Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - ABM ATM locations: Domestic/International Check-In • Domestic/International Lounges, near the Food Court • US Departures Terminal, Check-In, inside Cays News.
- Banking - RBC Royal Bank offers full-service banking in the airport. Location: Domestic / International Check-In, landside. Hours: 9:00AM - 4:00PM (Mon-Thurs). Open until 4:30PM on Fridays.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Children’s Play Area - Two themed children’s play areas are available. A pirate-themed play area is located near the Domestic/International Check-in, and an ocean creatures play area is located airside, near Gate C-42.
- Currency Exchange - RBC Royal Bank offers full-service banking, including foreign currency exchange. Location: Domestic/International Check-In Hours: 9:00AM - 4:00PM (Mon-Thurs) open until 4:30PM on Friday.
- Duty Free and Shopping - Duty-free shopping is available near the Food Court and Gate B-22. A host of shops selling souvenirs and local specialties are also available.
- Food & Drinks - A variety of dining options are available, both landside and airside.
- Medical Services -Urgent and emergency medical care is available at the Nurse’s Station, located landside near US Check-In. Hours: 8:00AM - 10:00PM.
- Outdoor Patios -Sip a cool drink and soak up a little more of that tropical Bahamian sunshine before your flight home. Two outdoor patios are available, one near the International Departures food court (airside), and the other near the US Departures food court (airside).
- Post Office - Location: Domestic/International Check-In Hours: 9:00AM - 4:00PM (Mon-Fri).
- Smoking - The Graycliff Lounge has the only designated indoor smoking area.
- Spa - Windermere Nail and Spa Bar provides manicures or massages. Locations: Airside, Gate C-42 (US Departures).
- Travel & Luggage Centre - Offering luggage storage, cellphone rentals, passport photos and limited travel and business services. Location: near Domestic/International Check-In
According to a recent review (June 2015), the airport is closed from 12:00AM - 3:30AM. The airside is open according to the flight schedule.
The following car rental agencies are available onsite: Avis, Budget, Dollar/Thrifty and Hertz
Taxis are readily available in the ground transportation area of the airport, offering both metered and flat rates. Confirm the rate of your journey with the driver before starting the trip.
Last Updated: 24 March 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.