Oranjestad Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Oranjestad Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
This is a nice airport to fly into, friendly staff, immigration lines can be huge at times, so avoid quick connections - andresouza
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Oranjestad Airport.
What to Expect
- This airport has a single terminal with three floors.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Since the airport is closed at night, sleeping here is not permitted.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to use one of the first class lounges. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Oranjestad Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- International VIP Lounge - Location: Airside, 1st Floor, near Gate 2. Hours: 11:00AM - 7:00PM (Daily). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$35) • Priority Pass.
- International VIP Lounge - Location: Airside, near Gate 8. Hours: 6:30AM - 8:00AM & 11:00AM - 5:00PM (Daily). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$35) • Priority Pass.
Free WiFi is available at Oranjestad Airport for one hour. Connect to "wifiaruba" network
If sleeping in Oranjestad Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Malibu Hotel Aruba - (5 min from the airport) Airport shuttle available
- Talk of the Town Hotel & Beach Club - (5 min from the airport) Airport shuttle available
- Aruba Surfside Marina - (5 min from the airport) Airport shuttle available
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Oranjestad Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs - CMB operates a bank and ATM near the information desk on the ground floor (landside). Airside, there is an RBC ATM near Island Breeze and Books. There is another location in the Main Concession Area.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Currency Exchange – CMB Bank - Location: Landside, Ground Floor. Hours: 8:00AM - 4:00PM (Monday - Thursday) • 8:00AM - 5:00PM (Friday) • 10:00AM - 6:00PM (Saturday).
- Disabled Services – Accessibility toilets and ramps/elevators are located throughout the airport.
- Duty Free & Shopping - All duty-free and non-duty free shops are located airside. There are a number of shops available, selling everything from perfume to souvenirs and glasses to books. Shops are spread out over the ground floor and the first floor.
- Food & Drink - At the time of writing, no 24-hour options are available. The majority of food and beverage options are located airside, but there are about 5 landside options. They are located both inside the main terminal and outside to the right of the main entrance. Airside restaurants and cafes are spread out over the ground floor and the first floor. There are also a number of vending machines.
- Information desk – Located on the ground floor, near the bank and ATM.
- Prayer Rooms – A meditation room is located on the first floor near Gate 2. A separate Catholic prayer room is also available near Gate 2.
- Sculpture Garden – Located landside in the US Plaza (after US check-in, but before security). There are 7 sculptures currently on display.
- Slot Machine – Slots Factory operates three slot machines, all of which are located airside. Two are found on the first floor and one on the ground floor.
- Smoking Area – Located behind the Budweiser Bar and at Gates 3 and 6.
The airport is open from 7:00 AM until the last flight.
Car rentals are available in front of the arrivals terminal. Companies include: Budget • Alamo • Avis • Dollar • Hertz • Thrifty • National • Econo Car Rental • Amigo Rent-a-Car • Europcar.
- Bus: Located outside the airport property you will find bus stops that are regularly serviced by Arubus.
Taxis are available outside the arrivals hall.
Last Updated: 11 September 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.