Point Salines Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Point Salines Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
We had to sleep at the floor, but the hospitality of the airport staff and the crew of some of the plains are memories that will last for ever. - The power sister
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Point Salines Airport.
What to Expect
- A tiny international airport with limited facilities and friendly staff. Everything here runs on “island time”, which means don’t expect anything to be done quickly!
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the Airport Guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Although no reviewers mentioned a specific place to sleep, the airport is tiny and the benches are hard, so have a sleeping bag or travel mat handy for added comfort.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Point Salines Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- GAA Executive Lounge - Location: Airside, Upper Mezzanine. Hours: 6:30AM - 10:30PM. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$ 25) • Book Online (£27 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
Free WiFi is available at Maurice Bishop Airport.
If sleeping in Point Salines Maurice Bishop Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Grooms Beach Villa & Resort - (1 min from the airport) Airport transfers are not available. The hotel suggests a taxi for $10.00USD each way.
- La Heliconia - (2 min from the airport) Free airport transfer service is available upon request. The service is free between 9:00AM and 5:00PM. Outside of this time frame transfers cost $10.00USD each way.
- The Relax Inn - (3 min from the airport) Airport transfers are available upon request. Cost is approx. $10.00USD each way. A driver will meet you with your name on a sign.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Grenada Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Yes
- Baby Care Facilities - Baby change facilities are available in all restrooms.
- Baggage Trolleys - Yes, available for a fee of EC$2.00, and accessible in all public areas of the airport.
- Car Rentals - Maitlands • Sixt • Y & R. Locations: unknown
- Charging Stations - There is a charging station for your mobile devices and laptops. Location: airside
- Currency Exchange - Yes. Grenada Co-operative Bank Ltd. operates in the Departure Lounge / Arrival Hall.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty Free is available as well as a small selection of shops selling souvenir type items.
- Food & Drinks - There is a cafeteria in the Departure Lounge and Landside you will find a coffee shop and restaurant.
- Information Desk - Location: Landside, Ground Floor. Hours: 5:30AM - 10:30PM.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Location: unknown. Rate: EC$2.00 per piece, per day. (Note: their web site says this "service is under review")
The airport is open from 06:00 AM until the last flight.
Information not available.
Last Updated: 07 June 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.