Pointe-a-Pitre Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Pointe-a-Pitre Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
We asked a fireman about the possibility of sleeping in the airport, as we had plane tickets and ID. He said we couldn't be denied the right to sleep in the airport. - a traveller
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Pointe-à-Pitre International Airport.
What to Expect
- A clean and modern international airport with two terminals (Terminals 1 and 2) and a small selection of shops and restaurants.
- The air-conditioning keeps the terminal a bit chilly, so have a sweater or travel blanket handy to stay warm!
- WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Although no specific sleeping spot was mentioned, reviewers who spent the night in this airport had a safe and uneventful stay. You must notify airport security of your intention to spend the night at the airport, and they will instruct you to sleep on the ground floor. The airport seating is hard and uncomfortable, with armrests, so you’ll be more comfortable sleeping on the floor. Have a sleeping bag or travel mat handy for added comfort!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Pointe-à-Pitre Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
As of this update we were unable to confirm whether the airport has any first class or business lounges. If you know, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WiFi is available at Pointe-a-Pitre Airport for a fee. Connect to the "Orange Network".
If sleeping in Pointe-a-Pitre Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Canella Beach Hotel - (13 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Hotel Fleur d’Epee- (13 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Auberge de La Vieille Tour - (15 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Pointe-a-Pitre Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Yes. There are two ATMs on Level 0.
- Car Rentals - Budget • Europcar • Hertz • Sixt • and more.
- Currency Exchange - Yes. Location: Level 0
- Duty Free & Shopping - The airport offers Duty Free as well as a small selection of shops. There is a mini grocery store on the Arrivals Level. Hours 9:00AM - last flight (Mon-Fri) and 11:00AM - 9:00PM (weekends).
- Food & Drinks - While there are no 24 hour food concessions open, there are vending machines available. The following concessions are available with reduced hours: Kafe Kreyol (Mezzanine) • The Caribbean Toque (Departure Level) • Tea Coffee (Boarding Area).
- Games - There are video games and simulators are arranged in the departure lounge and on Level 1.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Yes. Location: Level 0.
- Medical Services - Yes. Arrivals Level, beside the Pharmacy. Hours: 9:00AM - 11:00PM everyday.
- Pharmacy - Yes. Arrivals Level. Hours: 7:30 AM - 9:00 PM every day.
- Showers - Yes. A key is available upon request.
- Spa - Head to Institute Beautiful for services. Arrivals Level.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Information not available.
Last Updated: 07 June 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.