Porto Alegre Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Porto Alegre Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
I was told by the security guard that it was prohibido to sleep on the floor.
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Porto Alegre Airport.
What to Expect
- A clean and modern international airport with two terminals (Terminals 1 and 2) and a good variety of dining options and amenities.
- Many travelers who overnight here do so to take advantage of super cheap flights that depart very early in the morning or arrive in the middle of the night.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the Airport Guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Reviews are mixed about where to sleep. One reviewer slept comfortably with a sleeping bag under an escalator, while another was told by airport security that sleeping on the floor is prohibited. As long as you are sleeping discreetly, you may be ok.
- The airport can be very noisy, with construction, cleaning and overhead announcements going on at all hours of the night. Have earplugs or noise-cancelling headphones handy!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Porto Alegre Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- VIP Lounge - Location: Terminal 1, Airside, 1st Floor. Hours: 6:00AM - 10:00PM. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (R$ 120,00) • Book Online (£22.00 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
Free WiFi is available at Porto Alegre Airport. Connect to the ”INFRAERO Wi-Fi Gratis” network.
If sleeping in Porto Alegre Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Ibis Porto Alegre Aeroporto - A budget hotel located 300m from the terminal. No airport shuttle.
- Novotel Porto Alegre Aeroporto - Located 200m from the terminal. Free airport pick-up.
- Deville Porto Alegre Aeroporto - Located 800m from the terminal. Free roundtrip airport shuttle service runs from 6:00AM to 12:30PM.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Porto Alegre Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - There are at least 7 banks provided ATM’s throughout the airport. They can be found on every level; however, more are available on the Ground Floor, Terminal 1.
- Beauty Salon - Estética for Men e for Women - Location: Landside, Terminal 1, Third Floor. Hours: 8:00AM - 9:00PM (Monday - Friday) • 7:00AM - 11:00PM (Saturday - Sunday).
- Car Rentals - Avis • Hertz • Localiza • Unidas • Movida.
- Chapel - Location: Landside, Terminal 1, First Floor. Hours: Open 24 hours. Religion: Multi-religious.
- Currency Exchange - Alternativa Turismo e Cambio - Location: Terminal 2, Second Floor. Hours: 24 hours • Casa Brasil Cambio - Location: Terminal 1, First Floor. Hours: 7:30AM - 10:00PM.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty Free is available (3 shops) as well as a variety of shops to pass the time. You will find 2 magazines shops that are open 24 hours (Terminal 1, Second Floor and Terminal 2, First Floor).
- Food & Drinks - Terminal 1 and Terminal 2 offer a good variety of cafes, restaurants and food shops. The following options are open 24 hours: Cafe do Embarque (Terminal 2, First Floor) • Casa do Pão de Queijo (Terminal 2, Second Floor).
- Information Desk - Location: Landside, Terminal 1, Second Floor. Hours: open 24 hours.
- Massage - Fique Zen offers massage services. Terminal 1, Third Floor. Hours are not known.
- Medical Facility - Location: Landside, Terminal 1, Ground Floor. Hours: open 24 hours.
- Pharmacy - Adfarma - Location: Landside, Terminal 1 , Third Floor. Hours: 5:30AM - 11:00PM • Terminal 2, First Floor. Hours: 5:30AM - 11:00PM.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Information not available.
Terminal Quick Tips
- There is a rumour that there are 3 movie theatres at the new terminal
Last Updated: 15 June 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.