Puerto Plata Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Puerto Plata Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
I ordered the largest hamburger available, and once I got it - it was raw!
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Gregorio Luperón International Airport.
What to Expect
- A small, but recently remodeled single-terminal international airport. A variety of shops and restaurants are available, including some 24-hour dining options! There’s not much else going on here, and no WiFi available aside from the lounges, so have a book or some magazines to keep you entertained!
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter one of the airport’s first class lounges. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Puerto Plata Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- Salon Ambar - Location: Airside, Level 1. Hours: 9:00AM - 10:00PM (Daily).
- Victorian Room - Location: Airside, Level 1. Hours: 9:00AM - 10:00PM (Daily).
WiFi is available at Puerto Plata Airport inside the lounges. [ see Airport Lounges above ] At the time of this update, we did not have any information about WiFi availability elsewhere in the terminal.
If sleeping in Puerto Plata Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport in nearby Sosua:
- Neverland Guest House Hotel Hostel - (6 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle, but the hotel can assist you to book a transfer (approx. US$ 5 each way).
- Hotel Casa Valeria - (10-15 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers are available upon request. ($) Cost is 1000 Pesos (approx. US$ 25).
- Hotel Sosua Sunrise - (15 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers are available upon request (approx. $20.00USD each way).
- Tropix Hotel - (15 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. The hotel will arrange a taxi pick-up upon request, $25.00USD each way paid directly to driver.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Puerto Plata Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs - There are two banks located landside on the first floor (Banreservas and Banco Popular).
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Currency Exchange – Global Exchange offices are located on Customs and 2nd Level. Hours: according to flight schedules.
- Disabled Services – There are designated handicap parking spaces.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty free shops are located airside. Additionally, there are four shops located landside on the second level of Terminals A and B. They sell snacks, souvenirs, crafts, textiles, etc.
- Food & Drink - At the time of writing, there is one 24-hour food option (Coffeopolis/Emparedado/Rico Hot Dog, located in the food court on the first level). There are also a number of non-24 hour options located airside and landside. Most fast food restaurants are found in the food courts on the first and third levels. There is also a full restaurant in terminals A and B, airside, and a small local restaurant landside in the departures area. Most restaurants open between 6:00AM and 10:00AM, and close between 10:00PM and 11:00PM.
- Family Services – There is a kids play area near the first floor food court.
- Smoking Area – There is a smoking area airside in the south terminal.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Avis, Budget and Europcar are among several car rental agencies available onsite at the airport.
Fixed-rate taxis are readily available at the airport and taxi stands located throughout the area. Confirm the rate for your destination with the driver before starting your trip.
Last Updated: 07 June 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.