Punta del Este Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Punta del Este Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down of what to expect during your time at Punta del Este Airport.
What to Expect
- This small terminal connects to several regional destinations.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have used this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class travellers can pay to access one airport lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Punta del Este Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
- Aeropuertos VIP Club - Location: Airside, at the end of the Pre-Boarding Area. Hours: open 24 hours.
Free WiFi is available at Punta del Este Airport. Connect to the “Antel” network.
If sleeping in Punta del Este Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Punta del Este Arenas Hotel & Resort - (10 min from the airport) Airport transfers available
- Cabanas del Potrero - (10 min from the airport) No airport shuttle
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Punta del Este Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs - HSBC/BROU - Location: Landside, Main Hall.
- Baggage Trolleys - Yes, available however it is not known if there is a fee.
- Currency Exchange – Cambio Global provides currency exchange at the airport.
- Disabled Services – The airport provides wheelchairs, elevators, ramps and signage.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty free shopping is located on the lower level, after immigration. There are 3 other shops available including a Britt Shop souvenir store.
- Food & Drink - At the time of writing, no 24-hour options are available. There is a restaurant located on the second floor, and a cafeteria located landside between the arrivals and departures doors.
The airport is open 24 hours.
- Car Rentals
Car rentals are available at the airport through the following companies: Avis • Budget • Dollar • Hertz.
- Public Transportation
- Bus: Stops are located outside of arrivals and departures.
Taxis are available in the arrivals zone.
Last Updated: 15 June 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.