Punta Arenas Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Punta Arenas Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
when it got colder the cleaners did turn on a warm air vent.
- Mike Wallace
photo credit: Butterfly voyages / Wikimedia
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Punta Arenas Airport.
What to Expect
- A tiny single-terminal international airport with limited, but clean facilities.
- Sleeping in this airport is common for travelers with early flight departures.
- Many benches and power outlets available
- A little noisy during the day, but peaceful and quiet at night
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the Airport Guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Most reviewers report having a pleasant sleeping experience at this clean and quiet airport. One reviewer mentioned the quieter first floor as a preferable place for travelers to sleep. Another reviewer mentioned the 2nd floor cafe as a preferable spot to sleep, due to its ample floor space and power outlets.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s comfortable VIP lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Punta Arenas Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Punta Arenas airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Salones VIP Pacific Club - Location: National Terminal, Airside, 2nd Floor, Gate 1. Hours: 9:00AM - 5:30PM (Daily). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$ 40) • Book Online (£25.00 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required).
Free WiFi is available at Punta Arenas airport inside the airport restaurant.
If sleeping in Punta Arenas Airport does not appeal to you, are hotels near the airport:
- Hostal Ovejero - (20 min from the airport) An airport shuttle is available and waiting outside of arrivals. Rate is $5,000 per person.
- Hostal Terrasur - (20 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Hotel Carpa Manzano - (20 min from the airport) No airport shuttle. The hotel suggests a taxi for approximately $15.00USD each way.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Punta Arenas Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATM’s / Cash Machines - Yes, available.
- Car Rentals - Yes. Avis • Hertz • Emsa • Europcar • Recasur.
- Duty Free & Shopping - The airport offers 5 stores which sell souvenirs style items.
- Food & Drinks - The airport has only 1 restaurant, Sabor Magallanico which is a full service restaurant where WiFi is available. Hours and location are not known.
- Information Desk - Location: Landside, Main Hall. Hours: Open 24 hours.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Information not available.
Last Updated: 15 June 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.